The Senior Software Attorney is responsible for the review, negotiation, and drafting of Appian’s contracts, as well as handling other legal matters for a fast-growing software company.
This position will be the primary legal resource for Appian’s global sales team and will report to Appian’s General Counsel or a Deputy General Counsel. It requires significant experience negotiating, drafting and analyzing information technology related contracts, such as software licensing and professional consulting services contracts. This person will work with international clients and partners. Before and after regular business hours may also be required.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Ability to read critically, write persuasively, and speak fluently
- Demonstrated effective writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience with non-standard contract change requests, contract terminations, contract modifications, and changes in scope
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently, taking the initiative to handle complex challenges, prioritizing multiple ongoing projects, and developing quick turn-around contract management strategies
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and communications skills
- Skilled with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook and other software products as required
- Solid business judgment
- Software company work experience is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in commercial, information technology contracts, in the areas of contract administration, management, and negotiation
- Juris Doctorate required
- Fluency in English and Spanish required
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.