Appian, a recognized leader in low-code automation, provides a new way to make applications by enabling companies to quickly adapt to change. We help organizations automate and transform their businesses by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting and enhancing existing systems – all up to 10x faster than traditional development. We combine people, technologies, and data in a single workflow to maximize companies’ resources and improve business results.
Are you passionate about emerging technologies, building on the cutting edge, and tackling challenging problems with apps and workflows? Do you like the idea of creatively conveying the art of the possible with a low-code automation platform, and building experiences that will have an impact on a global developer community? Appian is actively seeking a Community Experience Senior Developer to help develop the apps and workflows that make up both the backbone and the end user experience of Appian Community Edition.
Appian Community Edition is an unlimited-time developer environment for all customers, prospects, partners and developers interested in either test driving Appian’s low-code platform, or learning and getting Appian Certified. You will showcase how Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with the experiences you build.
- Create and maintain cutting-edge applications that convey Appian’s value
- Drive developer engagement, sales enablement and internal education
- Test drive emerging product features and provide feedback to Engineering
- Support deployments and quarterly product releases
- Incubate complex ideas, perform exploratory work and scope proposed investments
- Work with team leadership to plan agile sprint scope and ensure successful delivery
- Mentor junior developers and aide in removing technical blockers
- Build enhanced reports, analytics and automations
- 5+ years of work experience desired. 2+ years hands-on software development experience or technical consulting
- B.S. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math, or otherwise demonstrated aptitude for technology
- Senior or Lead Appian Developer certification strongly preferred
- Experience leading agile development, preferably using Jira.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues, resolve problems, and meet deadlines
- Experience working with APIs and complex data structures
- UX design experience strongly preferred
- Experience working with AI, Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation in Appian strongly preferred
- Enthusiastic about making creative, memorable, and high-impact user experiences
- Not complacent. Always looking to improve the quality and features of our offerings.
- A great communicator comfortable presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.