The best salespeople achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That’s what you get when you sell for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
Appian is looking for a high-energy, results driven Regional Vice President (RVP) to drive and manage the growth of our Public Sector or Enterprise sales team. RVPs are responsible for achieving the booking targets within their defined region, and will lead a team of Enterprise Account Executives. This role reports directly to the Area Vice President and will work with other members of the sales and professional services leadership teams to ensure the overall quota is met.
To be successful in this role, you will :
- Manage all revenue streams and sales operations including pipeline and forecasting and achieving quarterly and yearly booking targets
- Work with and through other functional areas, overseeing all aspects of the customer relationship lifecycle, from initial lead to sale, delivery, and fulfillment of business case
- Manage direct sales staff to ensure they make yearly quota
- Build relationships with key individuals within our prospective and existing customer base
- Engage in strategic and tactical discussions with Account Executives and with coaches/champions to ensure Appian is best positioned to win
- Ensure the team is successful in all facets of their job responsibilities: software revenue, relationship building, pipeline building, accurate forecasting
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of quota carrying enterprise sales experience to large, complex organisations
- Successful track-record in Public Sector or Enterprise Software Sales, ideally with emphasis on platform (PaaS) sales and/or BPM, Case Management or Enterprise Applications
- You are a strategic thinker, capable of leading sales efforts across all functional areas of the enterprise
- Ability to establish and maintain executive relationships with customer key decision makers and thought leaders
- Keen management skills that include strategy and tactical planning/execution, territory decisioning, pricing/proposing, negotiating, etc.
- You’re adept at skillfully building and leading a multi channel sales organisation selling into public sector as well as commercial organisations
About Appian :
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.