At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation. Empowered by “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and a culture of dissent- encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
The Talent Management Specialist is responsible for the administration of existing talent management programs including but not limited to performance management (Check-ins, Performance Coaching, Performance Improvement Programs), as well as employee engagement initiatives. Serves as a subject matter expert internally to Human Resources and partners with others of the members of the People team to include Operations, Compensation and Learning/Development to ensure the effective delivery of talent management programs with the goal of implementing talent solutions that enhance the effectiveness of leaders and employees.
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Contribute to the design, administration, and effectiveness of existing talent management programs including but not limited to performance management, employee engagement and/or competency management
- Manage project resources as well as vendor relationships as it relates to execution of talent management programs
- Provide data driven analysis on the effectiveness of the programs in order to validate program success, to ensure desired outcomes within the business, and to solidify business cases for changing program guidelines or processes
- Act as a consultant to the Human Resources Business Partners to implement programs across the organization, ensuring consistency and effectiveness to include program timeline management and communications
- Project manage the delivery of projects on time and to expected standards/outcomes; develop project plans and determine overall project direction and timeline including but not limited to: outlining key milestones and deadlines, determining implementation dates, managing project risks, overseeing project resources, and running applicable reporting
- Research industry best practices and effectively balance findings with business needs to identify opportunities for program improvement
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years of Talent Program Development or Organizational Management experience, ideally in fast-paced organizations
- Possession of in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge of talent management programs and supporting initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to solve large complex problems and to work independently with minimal guidance
- Knowledge and understanding of project management methodologies, practices, techniques, and tools
- Experience serving as a resource for less tenured or experienced colleagues
- Demonstrated track record of experimenting with new and unique talent program offerings
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of organizational development, diversity & inclusion, talent management, talent identification methods, and best practices
About Us :
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.