Appian’s information security team is growing and is seeking a Senior Cybersecurity Vulnerability Engineer. The Senior Cybersecurity Vulnerability Engineer will measure the effectiveness of defense-in-depth architecture against known vulnerabilities and processes that enable the organization to make informed decisions regarding remediation. Manage the lifecycle of vulnerabilities: identification, evaluation, prioritization, and reporting.
About the Job:
- Manage the lifecycle of vulnerabilities: identification, evaluation, prioritization, and reporting
- Conduct vulnerability scans of servers, applications, infrastructure, Kubernetes, EC2s
- Configure and manage tools to support vulnerability management (such as Tenable or Qualys)
- Work with cross-functional teams including Engineering, Security Engineering, SOC, IT, and GRC
- Leverage tools like Appian's software to streamline reporting and identifying key risks
- 5+ years of experience within vulnerability management or security engineering
- Experience conducting vulnerability management scans, supporting vulnerability management tooling, reporting, and capturing metrics of data
- Ability to work cross functionally with security and engineering teams
- Experience in SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and/or cloud infrastructure development environments
- PCI scanning experience, AWS experience, fedRAMP, NIST, CI/CD pipelines and containerization
About Us :
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.