Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian CIO will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Appian is looking for a Manager of Quality Assurance to join the Appian Business Applications (ABA) team, who will ensure the high caliber and timely delivery of custom-built, large-scale applications that support internal Appian employees around the world. You will stand as a champion for engineering quality, ensuring our application developers account for complex system interactions and dependencies that can cause quality issues. This is an exciting opportunity to establish a quality assurance workflow from the ground up on an agile development team, contributing your expertise and experiences as a launching point. You’ll delegate quality tasks and manage existing QA resources while continuing to scale a QA team as needs arise. As a member of our talented and over-performing central applications team, your contributions will immediately impact and always make a difference.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Own QA strategy and establish QA best practices and standards, leveraging existing testing resources for manual and automated testing.
- Define QA charter and variations for various technology stacks, including custom development and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solutions. Once established: build, maintain and improve these test artifacts for rapid and efficient reuse.
- Serve as a first level line management role responsible for HR management of a team of Quality Assurance Engineers, participating in attracting, retaining, and growing QA staff.
- Collaborate with developers on an agile team to review Acceptance Criteria, evolve SDLC, and implement test-driven development practices.
- Support existing features by conducting regression testing and incident postmortems, aiding in the analyses and documentation of root causes, defects, and anomalies.
- Facilitate release activities for multiple applications, ensuring timely and complete deliverables.
- Advise and champion for applying test automation design and techniques.
- Step-in when needed to manually test and troubleshoot new features.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Highly visible, impactful opportunities: the applications created by this team influence the business in a very visible manner, and members are often recognized for their contributions! Plus, this is a fast-paced agile team environment with very little red tape—your ideas could quickly and easily turn into impact.
- Immersing you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Appian affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- A wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: Appian product training and Appian certification sponsorship, our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Unlimited (flex) PTO, hybrid working arrangement, and flexible working hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree, B.S. in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 5-8+ years as a tester and/or quality assurance engineer
- 3+ years as a quality assurance lead
- 1+ years as a quality assurance manager in a proper people management role
- 2+ years developing quality processes, establishing quality practices and workflows
- 4+ years experience developing test automation infrastructure and coding automated tests
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
- Familiarity with FitNesse
- Previous experience building or expanding a team of quality resources
- Previous experience using and testing a SaaS platform, preferably a low-code platform
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .