The best salespeople achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That’s what you get when you sell for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
This Strategic Account Executive (SAE) role focuses on opportunities in Appian’s largest accounts; typically one or two large accounts in one industry vertical, whose ARR is greater than $1M. It is anticipated that the SAE will be become the trusted adviser to senior levels within the industry sector selling strategic multi-year, high revenue complex software and services to clients in the territory.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Experience navigating a complex sales cycle from start to finish, leveraging internal resources within the larger sales organization, cross functionally with the customer success team and externally across customer and partner ecosystems
- Strong presentation skills for delivering in-person and virtual presentations to LOB & IT audiences, highlighting your ability to perform client discovery, communicate ROI and build business value
- A trusted advisor to both customers and colleagues to leverage multiple stakeholders throughout complex deals
- Actively seeking to understand industry trends to help position against competitors
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: Start with Value, which is our 2 week training program focused on equipping our sales new hires with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful out in the field. You will also become certified in the ValueSelling Framework®.
- Growth: Growth opportunities available through promotion and participation in different programs like Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership and communication.
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation and with our Appian Guarantee, our customers can even have their first project completed in just 8 weeks. With the market research firm Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder why more and more customers are turning to low-code with Appian. Hear more about our passion for the product from our Director, Solutions Consulting here .
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class collaborative sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a flexible time off allowance and great perks. Read more about how our sales culture values openness, curiosity, and collaboration here .
- 10+ years of direct selling experience, selling complex technologies at the enterprise level to Fortune 100 institutions
- History of consistent quota achievement
- Demonstrated negotiation skills to close large, complex, multi-year and multi-country deals
- Strong job tenure: history of displaying loyalty and perseverance through long, stable job tenure and positive career trajectory
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity /affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co ‐ worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.