QA Automation Engineer Summary:
Ensure high quality and timely delivery of Appian software to customers. Champion of understanding changes from the customer perspective and ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process. Strives to understand complex system interactions and dependencies that can cause quality issues and ensures engineers account for them in their design and testing. Analyzes mistakes and helps ensure they do not recur. To be considered for this role you must be fluent in Spanish and English.
- Involved in automated testing with a strong understanding of the complete software development life cycle.
- Manually test and troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, functionality, database, and regression Test features across web, Android and iOS platforms.
- Write automated test code using tools like Java, Python and Selenium. Ability to apply test automation design and techniques.
- Support existing features by performing regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Perform analysis, research, and troubleshooting of software defects and aid in the documentation of defects and anomalies.
- Build, maintain and improve test artifacts for rapid and efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team.
- Work with other scrum team members to define and review Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of bugs and test results.
- Know some elements of test design.
- Understand how to systematically analyze requirements.
- Know how to understand the root cause of software defects.
- Understand Engineering strategy for performance engineering.
- Write complete and concise software defects with all necessary supporting information.
- Participates in release management activities.
B.S. degree in an Engineering field or demonstrated aptitude for technology
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.