Here at Appian, we’re passionate about automation, speed, and efficiency; and the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution and communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, and partners. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
Appian is seeking a Director of Digital Commerce, which will build a strategic vision for implementing and operating a digital commerce platform and marketplace for Appian products and solutions. This individual will be responsible for the successful execution of projects within this ecosystem, providing technical guidance, management, and leadership. This is an exciting new role at Appian, which will lead initiatives in solutioning, managing, and releasing components for a digital commerce platform managed through cross team functional efforts and collaboration with business partners across the enterprise.
In this role you will report to the VP, Business Technology. You will use your strong business judgment and decision-making skills to identify, prioritize, and articulate the highest impact initiatives. Your focus will be on delivering a platform that automates, integrates, and positions new and existing products and solutions to increase reach, engagement, customer loyalty, and revenue. In pursuit of this goal, you’ll collaborate with teams across all functional areas at Appian. This includes working with Business Technology staff to ensure system and environment stability and security; collaborating with Marketing and Finance teams to develop conversion targets, forecast revenue, and analyze key customer statistics and trends; and managing technical teams to drive projects through design, development, QA, and release.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Lead planning and implementation of a digital commerce platform.
- Work with business users to identify and prioritize necessary applications, analytics, systems, and enhancements, and manage cross-functional teams to develop and implement them.
- Analyze and translate test results into actionable business insights and make recommendations on where to optimize for higher conversion in each step of the funnel.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, and engage and manage work of outside consultants as required to deliver on the roadmap.
- Build and deliver robust business cases to support project and vendor investments, and communicate and present to all levels of the organization.
- Build processes and technologies that scale our optimization resources and efforts.
- Develop sound governance processes to maintain the platform, issue management, environment and code migration strategies, change management etc.
- Collaborate closely with business partners and support them with digital commerce business functions.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, e-Commerce, or a related field.
- 7-10+ years of experience and a proven leader with experience in both managing agile teams and executing large projects.
- Extensive knowledge of e-Commerce tools, solutions, technologies and tactics, especially in commerce experience management, as well as a solid understanding of optimization tools.
- Must be a self-described data expert with the ability to interpret data and draw conclusions to implement new e-Commerce strategies.
- Strong influencing skills and motivated to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, diverse environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- An advanced degree, a Master's or MBA, is preferred.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Joining the Business Technology department means you'll be doing work that directly impacts the overall business. Our top priority is ensuring our people and the business are equipped with the tools, resources, and processes needed to thrive.
- We value innovation and investment in our people by providing opportunities for growth and leadership.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.