Director, Sales Engineering
A regional director of sales engineering is responsible for the technical sales activity within their sales region. He or she works closely with the regional vice president to execute the sales strategy of that region. All Sales Engineers and Senior Sales Engineers in that region report directly to the regional director. The regional director is a “player/coach” who performs the duties of a Senior Sales Engineer in addition to taking on the management duties of the team. In addition to product demonstrations, delivering technical proof of concepts and the like, the director is responsible for SE resource allocation on accounts, as well as mentorship and coaching of his or her direct reports.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Lead efforts to ensure the delivery of all technical resources into the sales campaigns.
- Partner with Regional Sales VP to achieve sales quota.
- Assist in the production of RFPs and other proposals to clients.
- Propose technical and creative business solutions in support of sales activities.
- Design and deliver high quality technical Proof of Concepts for prospective customers.
- Present technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to a C-Level audience.
- Assist with the radiation strategy within the target accounts by building customer relationships.
- Work with colleagues across the organization to receive the support needed to accomplish the technical goals.
- Mentor and train direct reports.
- Allocate SC and Sr SC resources to accounts within the region.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding and Appian training, but you will also complete a training program focused on equipping our Sales new hires with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful out in the field.
- Growth: Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions, guild participation, or free online training, there is always somewhere to turn for technical and professional growth.
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class collaborative sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a flexible time off allowance and great perks. Hear more from an Account Executive herself on how Appian is the most inclusive sales environment she’s ever worked for here .
- Able to thrive in a unique culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Business Management, Computer Science.
- Technical depth to respond to all functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams.
- Experience in production environments (application servers, web servers, databases).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design.
- Willing to travel 50% to client locations throughout the assigned region.
- Familiar with Business Process Management Platforms
- Familiar with Application Servers/Tools/Framework
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .