Coming on board to a team within the Appian Corporate department means you'll be doing work that directly impacts the overall business. We are a people-first organization, all committed to providing a first-class employee experience. Our top priority is ensuring our people and the business are equipped with the tools, resources, and processes needed to thrive. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
We are looking for a Senior Compensation Analyst to oversee the day-to-day and long-term strategic plans for compensation needs across Appian. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Total Rewards, this role will play an integral part in the creation, implementation and maintenance of Appian’s job architecture and compensation structures. This person will spearhead the compensation function for our fast growing, tech company and is a huge opportunity to make a meaningful impact. Really owning the process from start to finish, collaborating with various departments and senior level leadership, and bringing fresh ideas and concepts to the table that are taken seriously and quickly implemented.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Strong knowledge of compensation concepts and practices, including benchmarking and job pricing
- In depth understanding of regulatory environments, including legal statutes and FLSA determinations, and the ability to maintain compliance of Appian’s compensation programs
- Ability to act as a strategic partner to HRBPs, business leaders, and Talent Acquisition
- To assist in the implementation and maintenance of Appian’s job architecture and compensation structures
- To review and evaluate job descriptions and salary offers, and assist in the administration of annual bonus calculation, compensation review and increase cycles
- Proactively evaluate pay practices for alignment with internal and external equity and pay trend
- Experience coordinating data submission for compensation surveys; Radford global salary surveys preferred
- Advanced Excel knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of Workday HRIS and survey management systems, highly preferred
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- 3-5+ years of experience in Compensation or related field, preferably with a global organization
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.