Here at Appian, we’re passionate about automation, speed, and efficiency; and the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution and communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, and partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
Appian is seeking an Anaplan Model Builder to join our growing Business Systems team in Technology. We are looking for a talented and mission-oriented person who has implemented Anaplan and has hands-on experience with Anaplan functionally and technically. This person will be the subject matter expert in financial planning and analysis, as well as sales ops planning or sales performance management (quota / territory planning, incentive compensation).
Appian is headquartered in the McLean, Virginia area, and we are supportive of both remote and hybrid work environments.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Own the support, enhancement and day-to-day administration of Appian's Anaplan instance.
- Work with Business Partners in managing existing models and implementing new ones.
- Build data integrations between Data Hub and business systems (CRM, ERP, HCM, etc.)
- Provide support on data reconciliation, integration issues, and other operational topics.
- Work on multi-dimensional model building, data loading, and hierarchy creation. Create roles, lists, import actions, processes and dashboards.
- Promote Anaplan usage and suggest best practices and opportunities for improvement through automation or simplification.
- Work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment and effectively liaise with collaborators at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree, B.S. in Computer Science or related field preferred
- 4+ years of Anaplan model building experience
- Experience building newer Anaplan features, including Apps and Pages
- Strong understanding of Anaplan data integrations like Data Hub and inter-model imports
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience implementing at least one Anaplan project end-to-end (including analysis, design, building, testing, and support).
Nice to haves:
- Anaplan Model Builder Level 3 Certification
- Experience with ETL tools
- Familiarity with Anaplan Agile methodology
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
#LI-JC1 #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote