Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
This position is for you if you have experience with and a passion for the following: distributed messaging systems, high availability, dynamic scalability, and site reliability engineering.
What you’ll do: Prioritize, define, and ensure success of product features for the messaging and orchestration layer for the Appian services framework at the roadmap level as well as functional specifications for each feature at the sprint level.
- Prioritize what we should build and when by collaborating with stakeholders on product vision and strategy, while taking customer feedback into account.
- Share ideas and receive feedback from technical teams on new features.
- Define how those features will work through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions
- Manage the release and sprint backlog through planning, backlog grooming, execution, review, and release.
- Write detailed specification for the team and fellow product managers to review and provide feedback on.
- Ensure successful delivery of features to confirm the desired impact by tracking adoption/usage.
- Own features all the way through final documentation, go to market, prioritization of bugs and enhancements, and usage analysis.
- Help shepherd the team and department to a new model of continuous delivery of individual services from the current cadence-based release process.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- You understand the value of cutting edge infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes and are eager to help us use it to take our product to new heights.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, and execute in order to accomplish amazing things.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to draw clarity out of complex and ever-changing environments; ability to communicate the benefits and drawbacks of various technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact.
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great back-end features and capabilities.
- Proven ability to translate broad customer requirements around scalability and availability into a technical feature set that can be delivered incrementally.
- Experience with distributed systems is preferred.
- Most importantly, passionate about software and cloud-native architecture!
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 2-day engineering bootcamp to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a programmer
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
Preferred Experience Level:
4+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a Product Owner role.
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Tools and Resource
- Training and Development: During onboarding, we focus on equipping new hires with the skills and knowledge for success through department-specific training. Continuous learning is a central focus at Appian, with dedicated mentorship and the First-Friend program being widely utilized resources for new hires.
- Growth Opportunities: Appian provides a diverse array of growth and development opportunities, including our leadership program tailored for new and aspiring managers, a comprehensive library of specialized department training through Appian University, skills based training, and tuition reimbursement for those aiming to advance their education. This commitment ensures that employees have access to a holistic range of development opportunities.
- Community: We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Appian fosters inclusivity through our 8 employee-led affinity groups . These groups help employees build stronger internal and external networks by planning social, educational, and outreach activities to connect with Appianites and larger initiatives throughout the company.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination . Appian provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with all applicable laws .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.