Here at Appian, we’re passionate about automation, speed, and efficiency; and the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, to Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution and communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, and partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian.
Information Technology is a critical part of Appian’s strategy. We are looking for a hands-on IT Manager with excellent technical skills and a passion to excel at leading within an elite organization. Appian’s IT focus is progressive and modern. Your desire to employ state of the art technologies is critical for this position.
Appian’s Information Technology department provides corporate infrastructure, software, support and services. A Manager that is eager to be involved in many different areas of business and hands-on technical responsibility is required. Prior experience working with software development and cloud organizations is highly preferred.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible environment.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Manage one or more small teams within the Information Technology department in accordance with organizational policies and goals.
- Implement and maintain policies, procedures and goals that support the organization's IT needs.
- Help business operations groups utilize information systems to improve their efficiency.
- Ensure computer equipment, hardware, and software is maintained to meet the functional and security needs of the organization.
- May be responsible for evaluating inventory needs and implementing strategies to ensure adequate levels are maintained.
- Minimize organizational cost through product standardization and tracking.
- Support financial and technical audits.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Immersing you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Appian affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- A wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: Appian product training and Appian certification sponsorship, our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Unlimited (flex) PTO and flexible working hours.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an IT related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience implementing ITIL methodologies around Service Desk operations and delivery.
- Demonstrated success building teams with early career hires and developing them through more senior roles.
- Knowledge of operating systems (Unix, Mac OS, and/or Windows), virtual environments (e.g. AWS, Google Compute Engine, VMware), security concepts and technologies, telecommunications and collaboration technologies, and networking concepts (subletting, VLANs).
- Attention to detail and exceptional customer service skills, with a demonstrated passion for the role and mentoring others.
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience as a manager in a high-tech company
- ITIL Certification and other relevant technical certifications
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.