Why choose this role?
Are you looking for the perfect hybrid role that combines technology, sales and consulting? This position could be perfect for you. The best salespeople achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That’s what you get when you sell for Appian.
The start date for this role will be in Summer 2023.
As an Associate Solutions Consultant, you will actively participate in the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as a technical adviser and product expert. Using technical aptitude, creativity and business acumen, you will demonstrate the value that Appian’s platform can provide to its customers and prospects. You must be able to engage and articulate product positioning to both business and technical users in competitive scenarios.
We asked the Director what her thoughts were on this role:
"ASCs are an important part of building out our super star Solutions Consulting team! They support the team by honing killer presentation skills, building beautiful demos that highlight the value of Appian, and learn how to navigate complex sales cycles."
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Passion for technology and its applicability to today’s business challenges
- A creative approach to solving business problems
- Self-starter personality with a positive attitude and exceptional time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design
- Preferred experience programming in one or more of the following: Java (J2EE, JDBC, Web Services), HTML, XML, XSL, SQL
- Experience presenting and/or pitching to stakeholders
- Assist with sales strategy within the target accounts by partnering with internal colleagues to assist in building customer relationships
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training : Sales Fast Start, which is our 5-day training program focused on equipping our sales new hires
with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful out in the field, like ValueSelling Framework training.
- Growth : Growth opportunities available through promotion and participation in different programs like
Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership and
communication. Hear more about growth from one of our Vice Presidents, who started at Appian as an
Account Executive here.
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation and with our Appian Guarantee, our
customers can even have their first project completed in just 8 weeks. With the market research firm
Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder why
more and more customers are turning to low-code with Appian. Hear more from one of our Regional Vice
Presidents here about how our product has kept him with the company.
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class
collaborative sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary and generous benefits;
including a flexible time off allowance and great perks. Hear more for an Account Executive herself on how
Appian is the most inclusive sales environment she’s ever worked in here.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Technology or related field of study
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.