Here at Appian, we’re passionate about automation, speed, and efficiency; and the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution and communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, and partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
Appian is expanding to Mexico and building an Application Engineering team in Mexico City to be a part of our Business Technology group! Application Engineers develop large-scale applications that support internal Appian employees around the world. In this role, you would deliver mission-critical business impact fast while becoming an expert on our software; from implementing business process applications to working with cutting edge technologies such as process data mining and robotic process automation.
If you're searching for an opportunity that will allow you to create meaningful software solutions while working closely with business stakeholders in a fast-paced, agile environment, then you should consider joining us! The Business Technology Apps team will provide you with the support and growth you need to strengthen and evolve your skills -- and your contributions will immediately impact and always make a difference.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- To design, develop and implement custom software solutions using Appian’s platform—including everything from modeling database schema, to building out user flows, to creating UI mockups.
- Gather requirements and analyze internal stakeholders' business needs and processes to develop corresponding technical solutions that provide an intuitive user experience.
- Build and invoke web APIs to integrate various systems that are used across the organization, such as: Google AI, social media platforms, HR management systems, finance systems, etc.
- Work on projects independently or with a small team depending on the complexity and scope of the project.
- Triage and troubleshoot production issues and provide ongoing support to various business applications.
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical / engineering degree
- 4-8+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- Professional English proficiency
- Excellent communication skills, passion for technology and continuous learning, and an affinity for asking “why” and solving the right problems
- History of success on cross-functional teams; experience building products using agile methodologies (pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, and sprints)
- Basic understanding of object oriented programming and developing APIs, experience working with relational databases and database design/data modeling, and SQL skills (writing queries, joins, views, etc)
- Knowledge of software testing practices (test-driven development, automated test suites within a continuous integration framework); integrations experience using APIs such as REST and SOAP, JDBC connections, and web services; familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, and Elastic Containers (preferred)
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Growth + Training : During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding and Appian training, we also sponsor your Appian product certifications. Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department - there is always somewhere to turn for technical and professional growth.
- Impact: Highly visible, impactful opportunities: the applications created by this team influence the business in a very visible manner, and application engineers are often recognized for their contributions! Plus, be a part of a brand new office and establishing a new foundation for Appian in a new region.
- Culture: The Business Technology group is a smaller group that's rapidly scaling -- join a high-paced, agile team environment with very little red tape and large room for impact. Plus, having fun along the way!
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.