Here at Appian, we’re passionate about automation, speed, and efficiency; and the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution and communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, and partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
The Appian Solution Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe, touching every layer of the Appian platform. From data analysis to creative problem solving, our Solution Engineers tackle the most challenging technical problems encountered by Appian customers and partners.
We are looking for an enterprise technical support engineer with superb customer management skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across departments. Internally you would be known as a Lead Solution Engineer, working as a member of the overall account success team, focusing on the premier platform support experience for their assigned customers.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Actively monitor and assist in the resolution of technical support cases created by assigned Premier Support Accounts. Act as the escalation point of contact for assigned Premier accounts and orchestrate Appian’s response on escalated issues.
- Develop relationships with customer accounts by conducting onboarding meetings with new Premier Support accounts, and become an expert on their implementations. Customers trust the premier support team as their experts and point-of-contacts, since they are usually their most consistent and frequent touchpoints with Appian.
- Leverage understanding of customers to identify and communicate themes in customer pain points to internal leadership, driving long-term improvements for customers.
- Drive customer communications with assigned Premier Support accounts to review the overall health and status of their applications, the status of open support issues, new releases and upgrade plans, and any other significant upcoming events or project milestones.
- Manage projects that require close collaboration between Appian Support team and customer teams (cloud migrations, configuring Premier Support cloud capabilities, VPN configurations)
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Days filled with unique and exciting challenges—everyday is different!
- Advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals
- Appian product training, plus additional training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role
- Our team is rapidly growing, and with growth comes opportunity!
- Unlimited (flex) PTO, hybrid or remote working arrangement, and flexible working hours.
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related
- 4-6+ years experience in a highly technical support role, preferably in a software environment with Java/J2EE troubleshooting experience
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Operating system knowledge and familiarity with CLI (preferably Linux/Unix)
- Willing and able to provide after hours support (rotation every 12 or so weeks)
Nice to Have:
- Exposure to software environments with Java/J2EE troubleshooting experience
- Fluency in technical Spanish a big plus!
- Experience and/or familiarity with JVMs
- Familiarity with database concepts (e.g., MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Foundation of basic network functions, standards, and protocols (e.g. proxies, SSL, load balancers, LDAP
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.