Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian CIO will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
We're seeking a seasoned Business Systems Project Manager for its Business Systems team to join our fast-growing Business Technology group. We are looking for a talented and mission-oriented project manager who can lead complex Business Systems Projects in Sales, Marketing, Finance, HCM and/or Customer Success areas, and be able to join the team and hit the ground running quickly.
This Project Manager is responsible for delivering projects on-time, on-budget with high quality and having a direct impact on the success of the company. This includes technical project management, leadership and partnership with cross functional & technology teams. They would be responsible for defining, planning, tracking, and overall management of project lifecycles. They also ensure adherence to agile project management methodology & practices, provide team coaching, technical leadership, evaluate the performance of team members, and reinforce best practices.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Work closely with the Business Systems leadership team in helping develop a long-term strategy roadmap.
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders, keep stakeholders informed of progress, risk & dependencies and manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Own all aspects of project management including project planning, resource scheduling, risk logging and mitigation, communication and delivery.
- Ensure proper use of methodology, tools, and procedures; Ensures proper governance is in place to best meet project objectives.
- Work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment and effectively liaise with personnel at all levels of the organization.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Immersing you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Appian affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- A wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: Appian product training and Appian certification sponsorship, our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- Unlimited (flex) PTO, hybrid working arrangement, and flexible working hours.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT major or related Engineering major
- 8+ years of project management experience using Agile/Waterfall project management methodologies, techniques, and tools.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as: project charters, project management plans, communications plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Proficient in Agile Project Management, Scrum, and Capacity Planning and productivity tools like Jira
- Excellent communication skills; ability to present project plans and effectively present at different levels within the organization.
- Experience managing in complex projects and teams of up to 10 people and ability to thrive in a complex environment consisting of geographically dispersed and highly matrixed teams
- Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope, risk/dependency and quality while bringing projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
Nice to haves:
- PMP or agile/scrum certifications
- Knowledge of CRM, ERP, CS or HCM Systems a large plus
- Project Management/Implementation experience in a SaaS environment with third-party vendors
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.