Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian CIO will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionize the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Business Systems Administrator to join our fast-growing Business Systems team within the Business Technology group, aligned to supporting Appian’s Marketing organization with their Marketing Tech stack. This role requires a proven track record of implementing and supporting MarTech stacks, primarily Pardot and Salesforce, as well as excellent technical administration and development skills with a strong ability to to work with business stakeholders and deliver solutions quickly and effectively. This person will be responsible for the administration, configuration, support, maintenance, improvements and key integrations for Marketing Automation Platforms and CRM systems.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Own the day-to-day administration, integration, and management of Appian’s Marketing Systems: primarily Pardot, Salesloft & Salesforce.
- Contribute how to best leverage Marketing Automation Platforms and their capabilities; ensure industry-standard features and best practices are implemented for customizations.
- As a subject matter expert of Marketing systems, help in developing a long-term strategy and roadmap for Sales and Marketing Tech stack.
- Work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment and effectively liaise with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree, B.S. in Computer Science or related STEM field preferred
- 5-8+ years experience in managing and administering Marketing Systems, such as Pardot and Salesforce
- Experience with re-engineering & upgrading Marketing Automation Platform and building API integrations between different Marketing , Sales Engagement and Sales Intelligent platforms.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, to understand business requests/requirements and translate them into system perspectives and effective optimal use of applications.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Ability to meet timelines, provide impeccable customer service in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and pick up new skills quickly
- Experience with: User management, Roles/Profiles, Permission sets, Custom objects, Page layouts, Custom fields, Validations, Triggers, Flows, Lightning Pages and Managed Packages
- Familiarity with building with: Apex, Visualforce, JS, Triggers, SOQL and/or SOAP/REST APIs
- Proficient in handling Forms, Form handlers, campaigns, prospects and automation rules.
Nice to haves:
- Pardot or Salesforce Administrator Certification is preferred
- Experience with Salesloft, ZoomInfo, Clearbit, 6sense and D&B
- Experience using Agile/Waterfall project management methodologies, techniques, and tools.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.