Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, and are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life.
Appian is seeking a Head of Strategy & Operations to join our Customer Success leadership team. This role will have operational responsibility for the full breadth of our Customer Success business; including revenue and cost forecasting, people operations, systems and analytics. This high impact, high visibility role reports to Appian’s Chief Customer Officer.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Ensure Appian’s Customer Success team has the tools, processes and communication channels necessary to optimize operations
- Own all aspects of Customer Success Finance and Operations including managing P/L through thorough and accurate analysis of bookings, revenue and utilization
- Manage, coach and mentor a global team of Customer Success Operations professionals
- Operate as a servant leader, actively seeking insights at all levels of the organization (Finance, Sales, Customer Success VPs, and Consultants) to identify opportunities for operational improvement
- Accelerate and improve organization-wide change in close collaboration with the Chief Customer Officer
- Serve as an operational expert and advisor to the Chief Customer Officer, C-suite and, as appropriate, Appian’s Board of Directors
- Collaborate with HR and Recruiting groups to understand external talent markets, related labor costs, and internal compensation models
- Own the process of onboarding and managing external Appian business partners conducting Customer Success activities on Appian’s behalf
- 10+ years professional experience in business modeling, financial planning and analysis (FP&A) at a global scale
- 5+ years experience in an operational leadership role within a management consulting, technical delivery, or customer success organizations
- Experience as a people manager, building and managing teams of successful operational professionals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and influence C-level executives through verbal presentations and accurate, compelling data analysis
- Proven ability to manage successful P&L for scaled consulting or customer success organizations
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Unwavering commitment to disciplined, consistent operational tools, process and execution
- Experience with public companies, Federal contracting, and/or SaaS/PaaS/IaaS product companies are preferred
- Expected technical proficiencies include but are not limited to Agile/Scrum project management practices, mastery of business intelligence tools like Tableau, and expert Excel / Google Sheets abilities
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions led by fellow CS members, guild participation , or free online trainings, there is always somewhere to turn for technical and professional growth.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.