Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
Are you looking to combine your passion for technology with your penchant for strategic problem solving? Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, and are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life. Joining the Customer Success team will provide you with the support and growth you need to strengthen and evolve your skills within the consulting field.
We are seeking Application Consultant Engineer, internally titled Technical Consultants, to join our Customer Success team. In this role, you will be engaging with our customers post-sales to develop software solutions on the Appian platform. These applications help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation. Your primary responsibility will be to work throughout the entire project life-cycle to define, design, develop and implement custom software solutions using Appian’s low-code platform for our commercial clients.
This role is based at Appian's Mexico City office in Coyoacán. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment. If you are not already located in the Mexico City Area, your willingness to relocate will be a contingency for this position.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- To design, develop and implement custom software solutions using Appian’s platform – Experience in object oriented programming and developing APIs
- Experience working with relational databases and database design/data modeling, and SQL skills (writing queries, joins, views, etc)
- The ability to work with clients to define business processes and gather functional and technical system requirements
- History of success on cross-functional teams; experience building products using agile methodologies (pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, and sprints)
- Knowledge of the following is “nice to have”: Software testing practices (test-driven development, automated test suites within a continuous integration framework); integrations experience using APIs such as REST and SOAP, JDBC connections, and web services; familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, and Elastic Containers (preferred)
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Mechatronics or related field/degree
- Experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- Excellent communication skills, passion for technology and continuous learning, and an affinity for asking “why” and solving the right problems
- Business English proficiency, ability to communicate with Global Customers
- Willingness to travel; 20% to support customer engagements
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding and Appian training, but you will also complete a Customer Success specific bootcamp to prepare you for your first client project.
- Growth: Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions led by fellow Customer Success members, guild participation , or free online trainings, there is always somewhere to turn for technical and professional growth.
- Career: Customer Success career planning concentrates on three main tracks - technical, focus, and business and it’s up to you to decide where your passions lie. Each employee will be matched with an advisor who will be your go to resource for all career questions and guidance. They can help with anything from questions about promotions to which track is right for you.
- Culture: Appian’s Customer Success group is quickly expanding but the culture continues to make the department feel like a small community. Monthly social events are planned virtually and in the DC area while our First Year Experience (FYE) group concentrates on creating a smooth transition for all new employees entering the working force for the first time.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.