The best salespeople achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That’s what you get when you sell for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
The Sales Development Representative is responsible for making initial contact with potential clients and educating them on the impact Appian can have on their organisation, partnering with Account Executives and/or Partner Managers to create customised account plans and strategies to support sales cycles, and driving sales pipelines, new logos, and growth through high outbound activity.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Make initial contact with potential clients and educating them on the impact Appian can have on their organisation
- Proactively schedule sales meetings through cold calling and marketing initiatives
- Qualify inbound interest from marketing initiatives
- Drive sales pipelines, new logos, and growth through high outbound activity
- Execute lead generation initiatives to increase attendance at upcoming field marketing events and trade shows
- Partner with Account Executives and/or Partner Managers to create customised account plans and strategies to support sales cycles
- Update and manage activity in SalesForce
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include :
- Training : Start with Value, which is our 2-week training program focused on equipping our sales new hires with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful out in the field, plus our SDR Bootcamp to give you role-specific training
- Growth: Growth opportunities available through promotion and participation in different programs like Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership and communication
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation and with our Appian Guarantee, our customers can even have their first project completed in just 8 weeks. With the market research firm Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder that more and more customers are turning to low-code with Appian. Hear more about our passion for the product from our Director, Solutions Consulting here
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year-over-year growth backed by a world-class collaborative sales organisation. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary and generous benefits. Read more about how our sales culture values openness, curiosity, and collaboration here
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or related field & relevant work or internship experience in sales or account management (1-3 years)
- Track record of success, meeting and exceeding activity metrics, and experienced partnering with internal teams and external clients in a sales environment
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and competing tasks/priorities
- Driven self-starter with confidence and a “hustle” attitude
- Proven ability to balance competitiveness with collaboration
About Appian :
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.