Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Coming on board to Appian Finance within the Appian Corporate team means you'll be doing work that directly impacts the overall business. We are a people-first organization, all committed to providing a first-class employee experience. Our top priority is ensuring our people and the business are equipped with the tools, resources, and processes needed to thrive. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
The Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant will report to the Senior Manager, Revenue Recognition, and will participate in all aspects of the revenue accounting function. This critical role will partner with other teams, including Sales, Legal, Deal Desk, and Sales Operations to review and approve customer contracts, optimize outcomes, and ensure proper revenue recognition. The Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant will serve as a technical accounting expert in applying ASC 606 to customer contracts, ensuring proper accounting setup in the ERP, documenting accounting conclusions, and maintaining effective internal controls throughout the process. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can meet our business demands in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
This role will be at Appian HQ, which is located in McLean, VA. Expectation is to be in the office on a hybrid schedule (3 days/week).
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Review fully executed customer contracts to conclude on appropriate accounting treatment and identify any issues to ensure that all software and services revenues are accounted for in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (ASC 606).
- Prepare supporting revenue accounting documentation, including revenue accounting checklists, position papers and revenue allocation spreadsheets for booked orders.
- Assist with Fair Value (SSP) analyses of historical sales transactions.
- Review and approve revenue allocation and revenue plans in the NetSuite accounting system to ensure accurate revenue recognition treatment in the general ledger and support the monthly closing process.
- Assist manager with technical research on complex revenue accounting issues.
- Review drafts of customer contracts and provide revenue accounting guidance to Legal and Sales personnel on an as-needed basis.
- Support annual audit and quarterly reviews by providing external auditors with requested documentation for revenue transactions being tested.
- Assist with preparation of SEC filings, as needed.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University which is a full library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- 2-5 years of public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master's degree in Accounting
- CPA certification, preferred
- Software revenue accounting experience; preferred
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.