At Appian, our marketers have the opportunity to tell stories of impact and innovation across a multitude of industries. Being a marketer at Appian means working with cool tech. It means coming up with creative ways to stand above the noise, then making it happen. It means working with amazing customer brands at the forefront of digital. Software that has a real impact on companies and consumers? At Appian, it’s more than an empty promise. It’s what we do.
We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Content Marketing Manager to deliver compelling, differentiated content to support persona- and industry-focused campaigns. This role partners closely with our campaign strategists and subject matter experts to create original content that drives leads and sales, increases engagement, and amplifies our campaign messages and goals. The ideal candidate will have proven experience turning technical and industry expertise into engaging content, a deep understanding of the full B2B enterprise software marketing funnel, and experience in enterprise software.
*Targeting candidates in the DMV area who are comfortable coming into the office on a flexible, hybrid schedule (3 days a week).
To be successful in this role, you need:
- The ability to create, maintain, and execute a campaign content strategy and editorial calendar, in close collaboration with industry strategists, campaign managers, and subject matter experts.
- To produce original content across the buyer’s journey — including eBooks, whitepapers, SEO content, web copy, sales enablement materials, video scripts, and emails — that drives leads, attracts target audiences, encourages engagement, and supports campaign messaging and goals.
- To communicate and collaborate with other marketing leaders — including industry strategists, campaign managers, SEO, creative, and social media — to plan, produce, and distribute content.
- Creativity to brainstorm new content ideas and formats based on interviews with subject matter experts (both internal and external), competitive research, SEO research, and market trends.
- To take ownership and initiative across the full content marketing journey, including auditing and updating existing content and identifying new gaps and opportunities.
- To ensure content is making an impact, working closely with the marketing analytics team to report on defined KPIs and campaign effectiveness.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- A comprehensive multi-day orientation and training program to provide you with a strong foundation of Appian core values, culture, technology, messaging, available tools, and processes.
- We’ll immerse you in our go-to-market messaging, target personas, product and solution value propositions, and our growing community.
- You’ll be tied in to our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Our community is strong and growing! Our affinity groups are a great place to start connecting with peers from all across the globe.
- Appian offers a wide variety of growth and development opportunities such as: our in-house Appian MBA program for new managers, Appian University with a library of over 3,000 LinkedIn Learning and Udemy courses, Presentation Skills training, and tuition reimbursement for those seeking to further their education.
- 5+ years of content marketing, inbound marketing, brand journalism, or related experience within enterprise software.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proven writing and editing skills with original bylines/content to support.
- Experience in Google Business Suite, Google Analytics, and SEO tools preferred.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.