Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, and are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life. Are you passionate about operations and finance? Are you a people person with excellent organizational and communication skills? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a diversity of challenges?
Appian’s Customer Success Operations team is growing! This role demands someone with comfort in both business and finance and an interest in translating between the two. We are looking for someone who is quick, enthusiastic and has an extremely high level of attention to detail. There is a huge opportunity to make a significant impact on the business. If you like to look at things from different angles and come up with great solutions, this is the role for you!
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment. We're targeting candidates who can reliably join us in office 3 days a week -- if you are not already located in the DC Metropolitan Area, your willingness to relocate will be a contingency for this position.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Support, advise, and educate to Directors, Project Managers and VPs in the project and organizational budgeting, forecasting, and Estimate-at-Completion (EAC) process
- Track, report, and analyze program spend compared to funding and contract values
- Collaborate with Appian’s billing department to ensure the timely and accurate processing of invoicing to our clients
- Perform extensive and detailed planning, reporting, and analysis on key performance metrics for Customer Success; provide recommendations and advisory to supervisor and key stakeholders based on analysis; develop analytical tools in MS Excel or other tools
- Partner with key stakeholders across Customer Success and other areas of the organization to support the financial and operational management and processes of Customer Success projects and business areas
- Lead the development of financial processes and reporting vital to the operation of the Customer Success organization
- Responsible for financial reporting and analysis, revenue and profit forecasting, utilization analysis and business management duties as necessary
- Lead and assists in program financial duties including project labor costing and relevant SOW analysis, bill rate analysis and FFP percentage of complete revenue recognition
- Serve as Project Leader/Project Manager on special projects and operational initiatives of medium to high complexity; gather requirements, align stakeholders, create and manage to schedule, provide progress reports, and manage project to completion
- Build out and conduct best practices including Budgeting, Forecasting, Timesheet Compliance, and other relevant training for new managers
- 4+ years working in financial analysis, project finance, project control, finance operations, or corporate finance-related experience in a professional services/consulting organization.
- Experience supporting the US Public Sector or Federal Contracts (e.g. DFAR, FAR) is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities through proactive communication, aiding business stakeholders at various organizational levels and across diverse functional domains.
- Proficiency with Tableau; with the ability to track and evaluate data to provide insights back to the business.
- Strong analytical skills, with experience in developing financial reporting and analysis.
- You have experience with Salesforce, OpenAir, Projector and/or related systems
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, and/or related field.
- Expected technical proficiencies include mastery of tools like Tableau, SQL, Agile project management practices, and expert Excel / Google Sheets abilities.
- Fast learner who can work independently with little direction.
- Experience working within a Technology Company, SaaS (Software as a Service) business model is highly preferred.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Growth: Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions led by fellow CS members, guild participation , or free online trainings, there is always somewhere to turn for technical and professional growth.
- Culture: Appian’s customer success group is quickly expanding but the culture continues to make the department feel like a small community. Monthly social events are planned virtually and in the DC area by our Center of Funcellence while our First Year Experience (FYE) group concentrates on creating a smooth transition for all new employees entering the working force for the first time.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.