Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
Here at Appian, we’re passionate about automation, speed, and efficiency; and the CIO department is a great place to apply these values! From Information Security, Business Technology, to Solution Engineering, joining Appian will provide you with the opportunity to lead technical strategy, execution and communication for all applications to support Appian employees, customers, and partners across the world. Join us, as we work collaboratively to grow Appian across the world.
Application Engineers develop large-scale applications that support internal Appian employees around the world. In this role, you would deliver mission-critical business impact fast while becoming an expert on our software; from implementing business process applications to working with cutting edge technologies such as process data mining and robotic process automation.
If you're searching for an opportunity that will allow you to create meaningful software solutions while working closely with business stakeholders in a fast-paced, agile environment, then you should consider joining us! The Business Technology Apps team will provide you with the support and growth you need to strengthen and evolve your skills -- and your contributions will immediately impact and always make a difference.
This is a hybrid role in our office in Seville We are targeting candidates who are willing to come into office 3 days.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- To design, develop and implement custom software solutions using Appian’s platform—including everything from modeling database schema, to building out user flows, to creating UI mockups.
- Gather requirements and analyze internal stakeholders' business needs and processes to develop corresponding technical solutions that provide an intuitive user experience.
- Build and invoke web APIs to integrate various systems that are used across the organization, such as: Google AI, social media platforms, HR management systems, finance systems, etc.
- Work on projects independently or with a small team depending on the complexity and scope of the project.
- Triage and troubleshoot production issues and provide ongoing support to various business applications.
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical / engineering degree
- 3-8+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- Professional English and Spanish proficiency
- Excellent communication skills, passion for technology and continuous learning, and an affinity for asking “why” and solving the right problems
- History of success on cross-functional teams; experience building products using agile methodologies (pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, and sprints)
- Basic understanding of object oriented programming and developing APIs, experience working with relational databases and database design/data modeling, and SQL skills (writing queries, joins, views, etc)
- Knowledge of software testing practices (test-driven development, automated test suites within a continuous integration framework); integrations experience using APIs such as REST and SOAP, JDBC connections, and web services; familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, and Elastic Containers (preferred)
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Growth + Training : During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding and Appian training, we also sponsor your Appian product certifications. Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department - there is always somewhere to turn for technical and professional growth.
- Impact: Highly visible, impactful opportunities: the applications created by this team influence the business in a very visible manner, and application engineers are often recognized for their contributions! Plus, be a part of a brand new office and establishing a new foundation for Appian in a new region.
- Culture: The Business Technology group is a smaller group that's rapidly scaling -- join a high-paced, agile team environment with very little red tape and large room for impact. Plus, having fun along the way!
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.