Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
Are you a strategic thinker with a wealth of experience in federal acquisitions? Appian Customer Success is obsessed with achieving excellent customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast and are expanding our Government Acquisition Management (GAM) initiatives to bring great ideas to life. We are seeking individuals that have experience in the Public Sector (DOD, Federal Civilian, and/or SLED) to have a direct impact in strategic expansion and strengthening your skills within the field.
We are seeking a Lead Acquisition Specialist to join our Customer Success team to support our Federal clients. In this pivotal role, you will lead and advise on maximizing the value derived from Appian software. Collaborating with various stakeholders, you'll design and implement tailored acquisition strategies that align with Appian’s broader objectives.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Collaborate with federal clients to craft and execute acquisition plans, aligned with Appian’s broader objectives
- Provide education to Customer Success Managers on federal acquisitions, enhancing their skills and understanding
- Monitor the progress of acquisition initiatives, identifying and addressing potential risks and ensuring alignment with both client expectations and organizational goals
- Foster and maintain relationships with key federal agency leaders, acting as a trusted advisor in aligning Appian's strategies with client priorities
- Lead the creation of specialized paid offerings, meeting the evolving needs of federal agencies and complying with regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field/degree in addition to 12-15 years of experience.
- You have experience in Government Acquisition Solutions within a functional or technical capacity
- You have experience overseeing or implementing Government IT/Software modernization efforts
- You have prior experience with software consulting (ideally in an ERP, CRM, BPM/Workflow, Data Integration Architecture, or EAI).
- You're well versed in the Federal buying cycle and understand contract vehicles, task orders, and know how to respond to RFP's.
- You have prior experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications within the Federal space.
- You have prior experience coding, building and/or integrating web services, data integration architecture, designing complex solutions, and/or designing databases.
- Strong consulting skills and proven results working as a Trusted Advisor to drive business value for customers.
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture principles and the ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts.
- Experience with agile software development practices.
- In-depth understanding of the Federal buying cycle, contract vehicles, task orders, and RFP responses.
- Prior experience in acquisition strategy, contract management, and compliance within the Federal space.
- Preferred Certifications:
- Certification in Federal Acquisition (e.g., FAC-C or DAWIA)
- Other relevant certifications in acquisition management or related fields
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: During your first few weeks of joining Appian, not only will you go through comprehensive onboarding and Appian training, but you will also complete a CS specific bootcamp to prepare you for your first client project.
- Growth: Continuous learning opportunities are a key focus for our department. Whether it is companywide weekly knowledge shares, biweekly continuing education sessions led by fellow CS members, guild participation , or free online trainings, there is always somewhere to turn for technical and professional growth.
- Career: CS career planning concentrates on three main tracks - technical, focus, and business and it’s up to you to decide where your passions lie. Each employee will be matched with an advisor who will be your go to resource for all career questions and guidance. They can help with anything from questions about promotions to which track is right for you.
- Culture: Appian’s customer success group is quickly expanding but the culture continues to make the department feel like a small community. Monthly social events are planned virtually and in the DC area while our First Year Experience (FYE) group concentrates on creating a smooth transition for all new employees entering the working force for the first time.
Tools and Resource
- Training and Development: During onboarding, we focus on equipping new hires with the skills and knowledge for success through department-specific training. Continuous learning is a central focus at Appian, with dedicated mentorship and the First-Friend program being widely utilized resources for new hires.
- Growth Opportunities: Appian provides a diverse array of growth and development opportunities, including our leadership program tailored for new and aspiring managers, a comprehensive library of specialized department training through Appian University, skills based training, and tuition reimbursement for those aiming to advance their education. This commitment ensures that employees have access to a holistic range of development opportunities.
- Community: We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Appian fosters inclusivity through our 8 employee-led affinity groups . These groups help employees build stronger internal and external networks by planning social, educational, and outreach activities to connect with Appianites and larger initiatives throughout the company.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination . Appian provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with all applicable laws .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.