Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
The best growth-oriented organizations achieve the most when they build value propositions that connect with their markets and target industries, offer outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That’s what you get when you are part of the “industry team” business development organization. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
Appian is seeking a strategic industry expert in Life Sciences for our rapidly growing business. As a member of the Industry Leads team, you will successfully collaborate across Appian to enable client success with their digital transformation efforts, while contributing to continuous growth in software revenue across both new and existing clients in the Life Sciences market. Appian already has marquee customers in this industry and we are looking for the right person to help continue to expand our rapidly growing business.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- To spend time with clients, helping to evangelize new applications for our work automation software, providing strategy, and coaching our Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, and Customer Success teams
- To help Account Executives design programs, strategic account plans, value prompters, etc. to win new and expand existing target accounts, deliver thought leadership across a variety of formats to generate prospect interest, and secure life sciences market awareness
- To help Channel Partners develop strategies for expanding strategic account footprints and develop ecosystem approaches and go to markets solutions that include Appian platform and solution capabilities
- To lead and participate in sales presentations and follow-on education activities at prospects and customers
- To support our marketing strategy by driving thought leadership in appropriate trade shows, providing insights for industry events, webinars, blogs, content pieces, pillars & business applications roadmap, etc.
- To participate in the bid and proposal process with both internal teams and partner organizations
- To build and curate Appian’s internal knowledge base in the life sciences and pharma space and drive enablement of strategic outlooks of industry opportunities e.g., regulatory shifts, supply chain digitization, industrialized AI, cybersecurity, IoT, emerging revenue streams, and more
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: Sales Fast Start, which is our 5-day training program focused on equipping our business development new hires with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful out in the field, like ValueSelling Framework training. In addition, a custom first 90-day industry team new hire immersion plan.
- Growth: Growth opportunities available through promotion and participation in different programs like Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership and communication.
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation and with our Appian Guarantee, our customers can even have their first project completed in just 8 weeks. With the market research firm Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder why more and more customers are turning to low-code with Appian.
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class collaborative sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a flexible time off allowance and great perks.
- Bachelor’s Degree and MBA preferred
- 10+ years of direct experience in a significant leadership role working in Life Sciences/Pharma or associated sectors
- Hands-on experience driving change and new solutions, with an emphasis on improved customer experience, regulatory effectiveness, and operational efficiency
- Deep understanding of trends in Life Sciences, supply chain, and digital transformation innovation trending
- Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders and Appian team members
- Demonstrated track record of creating and delivering thought leadership in Life Sciences
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.