Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
The best salespeople achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That’s what you get when you sell for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
The Associate Account Manager (AM) will focus on maximizing sales to State & Local Government agencies, and the Education sector. The primary focus is aimed at closing greenfield opportunities with larger, strategic, under-penetrated accounts while maintaining sustained sales growth through pre-built solution sales.
The Associate AM is tasked with improving sales in their territory by leveraging the robust community of Appian partners who often have solutions and capabilities built on the platform. Collaborating with the partner ecosystem to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions is critical. The focus is aimed at sales opportunities versus accounts and is achieved by collaborating with partners to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell and close transactions.
To be successful in this role, you will be:
- Building pipeline through prospecting and top-of-funnel activities
- Directly selling through an inside, direct marketing environment to deliver sales targets and consistently achieve quota
- Driving account strategies and coordinate team selling efforts with partners to close business on a quarterly and annual basis
- Effectively developing channel relationships, communicating key concepts, and coaching partners on how to position and close Appian opportunities
- Accountable for a quarterly bookings target for Appian products (SaaS) along with packaged services and education offerings
- Supporting and providing guidance to both field and partner marketing events
- Accurately forecasting license bookings, specific products revenue, Customer Success services bookings and new accounts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis via Salesforce.com
- Accomplishing the workload required for a high-volume, complex sales role
- Building a business case and establishing value: developing and presenting proposals to customers that demonstrate the ability of the Appian platform to meet customers’ business objectives and justify the sale
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: Start with Value, which is our 2 week training program focused on equipping our sales new hires with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful out in the field. You will also become certified in the ValueSelling Framework®.
- Growth: Growth opportunities available through promotion and participation in different programs like Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership and communication.
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation in government and is a top ranked platform by multiple industry analysts. With the market research firm Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder why more and more customers are turning to low-code with Appian. Hear more about our passion for the product from our Director, Solutions Consulting here .
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class collaborative sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a flexible time off allowance and great perks. Read more about how our sales culture values openness, curiosity, and collaboration here .
- 2-5 years of proven selling experience in a dynamic, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment; selling to government agencies preferred, though not required.
- Prospecting: A proven track record of penetrating accounts, reaching decision-makers, and closing business.
- Demonstrable ability to elicit information through the use of genuine curiosity and questioning to determine a customer’s pain points, needs and other key information to advance the sale.
- Demonstrated experience exceeding/achieving KPIs and targeted business goals
- A desire to work the bookends of the sale - prospecting and closing with a demonstrated achievement in sales closing.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced team environment ie. positive and competitive attitude with a strong work ethic.
- Passionate about hunting and closing new opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to nurture a lengthy sales cycle and persist through closing
- Demonstrated time management and communication skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Navigator, 6-Sense, G Suite and similar technologies.
- Comfortable supporting Partners negotiating deals with deeply complex terms, conditions, price pressure and considerations.
Tools and Resource
- Training and Development: During onboarding, we focus on equipping new hires with the skills and knowledge for success through department-specific training. Continuous learning is a central focus at Appian, with dedicated mentorship and the First-Friend program being widely utilized resources for new hires.
- Growth Opportunities: Appian provides a diverse array of growth and development opportunities, including our leadership program tailored for new and aspiring managers, a comprehensive library of specialized department training through Appian University, skills based training, and tuition reimbursement for those aiming to advance their education. This commitment ensures that employees have access to a holistic range of development opportunities.
- Community: We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Appian fosters inclusivity through our 8 employee-led affinity groups . These groups help employees build stronger internal and external networks by planning social, educational, and outreach activities to connect with Appianites and larger initiatives throughout the company.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination . Appian provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with all applicable laws .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.