Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
The Appian Strategy Office (ASO) supports the CEO to formulate, implement, and monitor the success of Appian’s strategy. The team serves as both internal consultants to the CEO and executives to formulate strategy in a fact-based manner and change agents to facilitate the strategy execution with Appian’s business units.
This role builds a strategy and manages the CEO’s engagements with Appian employees, clients, partners, prospects and media. The Executive Operations Associate prioritizes the CEO’s work and running his office to ensure he makes the biggest impact.
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Ensure CEO meetings are aligned with strategy, all parties are prepared, and meetings are useful.
- Plan the use of the CEO’s time using discretion and judgment to prioritize his time. Collaborate with the Chief of Staff as needed.
- Learn the business and the levers of the business in order to collect information and prioritize critical items to facilitate efficient decision making.
- Ensure that CEO meetings with Appian employees, clients, prospects, partners, and media are professional and useful.
- Manage IT, admins, and other teams appropriately to ensure meetings are supported successfully.
- Ensure the CEO develops and maintains strong executive relationships.
- Establish, maintain, and evolve a strategy for building meaningful external C-level relationships for the CEO. This strategy should be integrated with Sales and Marketing.
- Build a robust framework for executive engagement, including templates, a predictable cadence, and a repeatable methodology.
- Maintain a deep understanding of Appian’s organizational strategy and priorities and cultivate the ability to communicate them to employees, stakeholders, partners etc.
- Manage meeting schedules, pre-meeting activities, follow up on meeting action items, and building relationships.
- Serve as a primary point of contact to the CEO in daily functions; including highly sensitive contexts and organizational priorities
- Troubleshoot challenges and resolve using best judgment and discretion. Escalate challenges to CEO and Chief of Staff, as needed
- Ensure appropriate follow-up for any action items resulting from external meetings.
- Project manage CEO’s calendar and inbox.
- Develop overarching messaging for the CEO, including presentations, email communications, etc.
- Execute or provide support for strategic and tactical projects
- Support executive reporting. Gather and synthesize relevant data, conduct quantitative and qualitative research, and present recommendations for improvement.
- Effectively communicate often confidential and/or complicated information to others in the company as needed. Apply good judgment and discretion. Be able to maintain confidential information.
- Support other administration, financial, and operational activities set by the CEO and Chief of Staff.
- Lead the execution of major events in which the CEO is participating. Work with marketing, sales, IT, admins, and other strategy team members to ensure the components are well planned and executed.
- Learn and understand the scheduling, meeting, venue, and travel preferences of the CEO and make his days productive.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of professional experience performing similar, related duties
Tools and Resource
- Training and Development: During onboarding, we focus on equipping new hires with the skills and knowledge for success through department-specific training. Continuous learning is a central focus at Appian, with dedicated mentorship and the First-Friend program being widely utilized resources for new hires.
- Growth Opportunities: Appian provides a diverse array of growth and development opportunities, including our leadership program tailored for new and aspiring managers, a comprehensive library of specialized department training through Appian University, skills based training, and tuition reimbursement for those aiming to advance their education. This commitment ensures that employees have access to a holistic range of development opportunities.
- Community: We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Appian fosters inclusivity through our 8 employee-led affinity groups . These groups help employees build stronger internal and external networks by planning social, educational, and outreach activities to connect with Appianites and larger initiatives throughout the company.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination . Appian provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with all applicable laws .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.