Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
Are you looking to combine your passion for technology with your penchant for strategic problem solving? Appian Customer success is obsessed with great customer outcomes. We deliver mission-critical business impact fast, and are directly responsible for partnering with our customers to bring their best ideas to life. Joining the Customer Success team will provide you with the support and growth you need to strengthen and evolve your skills within the consulting field.
Appian is looking for an Associate Architect to scale Appian’s technical solutions and work alongside Appian’s delivery teams. As an Associate Architect, you will be an Appian technical leader within our Federal Customer Success team as well as an advisor to Appian’s clients. In this role, not only do you become an expert at installing, operating, and scaling the Appian platform, but you will also be scaling business process applications on our software. You will become a business process expert in the various industries of our clients. The ideal candidate will combine Appian technical, product and business skills to make our customers successful.
This role is based at Appian's Headquarters in McLean, VA. Employees hired for this position are required to withhold Government Security Clearances and will have the opportunity to work in a flexible, hybrid environment. If you are not already located in the surrounding McLean, VA area, your willingness to relocate will be a contingency for this position.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- Ability to provide exceptional customer interaction (verbal, written, face-to-face)
- Systems administration (e.g. Linux, Windows) experience with IaaS Solutions (egs.: Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, or Microsoft Azure). Administering and managing an on-prem installation of an Appian environment is a huge plus.
- Administration of one or more RDMS platforms (e.g. MySql, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Postgres, MariaDB)
- Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, or similar work
- An Active Government Clearance (Top Secret and above, without any limitations) is required for this opening
- Ability and interest to maintain an Active TS:SCI Clearance (CI or FSP), with the ability and willingness to perform work within cleared facilities (SCIF work is required)
- You are an expert IT systems administrator building, maintaining, scripting, patching, & managing hosts, databases, and interconnected Cloud services with approximately 5 years of experience
- US Citizenship - candidates being considered for a Public Sector roles must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a minimum of a Secret Security Clearance
- CompTIA Security+ certification required prior to or directly following onboarding
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Within your first few weeks of joining us, you will attend new hire orientation along with our 25-day CS Academy, Agile methodology, and Appian system administration & customer support bootcamps to ensure you are set up for success
- Access to over 1,000+ Udemy course, along with dedicated learning time to focus on areas you specifically would like to focus on as a cloud systems administrator
- An agile-led work environment where you will be challenged and your ideas will be heard
Tools and Resource
- Training and Development: During onboarding, we focus on equipping new hires with the skills and knowledge for success through department-specific training. Continuous learning is a central focus at Appian, with dedicated mentorship and the First-Friend program being widely utilized resources for new hires.
- Growth Opportunities: Appian provides a diverse array of growth and development opportunities, including our leadership program tailored for new and aspiring managers, a comprehensive library of specialized department training through Appian University, skills based training, and tuition reimbursement for those aiming to advance their education. This commitment ensures that employees have access to a holistic range of development opportunities.
- Community: We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Appian fosters inclusivity through our 8 employee-led affinity groups . These groups help employees build stronger internal and external networks by planning social, educational, and outreach activities to connect with Appianites and larger initiatives throughout the company.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination . Appian provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with all applicable laws .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.