Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
As a Senior Solutions Consultant, you will actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical adviser and product advocate. Using technical creativity and business acumen, you will illustrate the value that Appian’s platform can provide. You must be able to engage and articulate product positioning to both business and technical users in competitive scenarios. You will also rapidly identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
What you'll be doing:
• Partner with Account Executives to achieve defined sales goals
• Lead efforts to ensure the delivery of all technical resources into the sales campaigns
• Assist in the production of RFPs and other proposals to clients
• Propose technical and creative business solutions in support of sales activities
• Design and deliver high quality technical Proof of Concepts for prospective customers
• Present technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to a C-Level audience
• Represent Appian’s product to customers and at field events such as conferences, summits, seminars, etc.
• Assist with the radiation strategy within the target accounts by building customer relationships
• Manage target accounts that may span multiple Account Executives
• Work with colleagues across the organization to receive the support needed to accomplish the technical goals
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• Strong experience as a successful Pre-Sales Engineer OR a Professional Services/Consulting role that is client facing and involves sales scenarios - able to do custom POCs and demos
• Ability to strategically problem solve by thinking outside of the box is required daily
• Technical depth to respond to all functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
• Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams
• Familiarity with Business Process Management Platforms, Low Code Platforms, or Application Development Platforms is a plus
• Recent experience programming within a modern web or enterprise development systems
• Familiarity in production environments (application servers, web servers, databases)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design
Tools and Resource
- Training and Development: During onboarding, we focus on equipping new hires with the skills and knowledge for success through department-specific training. Continuous learning is a central focus at Appian, with dedicated mentorship and the First-Friend program being widely utilized resources for new hires.
- Growth Opportunities: Appian provides a diverse array of growth and development opportunities, including our leadership program tailored for new and aspiring managers, a comprehensive library of specialized department training through Appian University, skills based training, and tuition reimbursement for those aiming to advance their education. This commitment ensures that employees have access to a holistic range of development opportunities.
- Community: We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Appian fosters inclusivity through our 8 employee-led affinity groups . These groups help employees build stronger internal and external networks by planning social, educational, and outreach activities to connect with Appianites and larger initiatives throughout the company.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination . Appian provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with all applicable laws .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.