Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
The best salespeople achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That’s what you get when you sell for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
The North American Channel Chief will be responsible for building and executing partner strategies within Theater to drive sourced opportunity creation, an aligned field sales motion, and successful project implementation; and to identify and open new routes to market (e.g. Solutions, Managed Services, and BPOs) with our Regional Partners, GSIs, and selected Technology Partners (the latter in in coordination with CTO’s Office).
To be successful in this role, you need to:
- Work with the SVP of North American Sales to develop, execute and enhance a comprehensive channel strategy aligned with overall business objectives spanning National/Regional Partners, Global System Integrators, and selected Technology Partners.
- Manage the Partner RVPs and Partner Sales Managers to ensure alignment with Field Sales, with specific focus on driving pipeline, improving co-sell sales motion, enhancing advance and win rates with National/Regional Partners.
- Manage the North American GSI team to maximize returns from our global relationships and GTM business plans.
- Oversee the execution of Resale into the Commercial market segment.
- Develop and maintain Executive relationships with key Focus, Elite and Premier partners.
- Implement emerging strategies and methods developed at Corporate HQ or within the Global Partner organization.
- Provide a secondary view into forecasting, and an as-needed support function into Partner-attached deals.
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: Start with Value, which is our training program focused on equipping our sales new hires with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful out in the field. You will also become certified in the ValueSelling Framework®.
- Growth: Growth opportunities available through promotion and participation in different programs like Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership and communication.
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation and with our Appian Guarantee, our customers can even have their first project completed in just 8 weeks. With the market research firm Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder why more and more customers are turning to low-code with Appian. Hear more about our passion for the product from our Director, Solutions Consulting here .
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class collaborative sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a flexible time off allowance and great perks. Read more about how our sales culture values openness, curiosity, and collaboration here .
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or Business
- Experience developing and executing partner strategies for software companies spanning Global System Integrators, National/Regional Partners, Resale, and Partner Development and Operations
- Preferably based out of the Washington DC area with ability to travel (20-30%)
- Additional experience with professional services and/or direct software sales
- Relationships within Appian’s existing GSI and National/Regional Partners
Tools and Resource
- Training and Development: During onboarding, we focus on equipping new hires with the skills and knowledge for success through department-specific training. Continuous learning is a central focus at Appian, with dedicated mentorship and the First-Friend program being widely utilized resources for new hires.
- Growth Opportunities: Appian provides a diverse array of growth and development opportunities, including our leadership program tailored for new and aspiring managers, a comprehensive library of specialized department training through Appian University, skills based training, and tuition reimbursement for those aiming to advance their education. This commitment ensures that employees have access to a holistic range of development opportunities.
- Community: We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Appian fosters inclusivity through our 8 employee-led affinity groups . These groups help employees build stronger internal and external networks by planning social, educational, and outreach activities to connect with Appianites and larger initiatives throughout the company.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination . Appian provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with all applicable laws .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.