Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
The RVP, Partners position will be responsible for developing high growth partnerships from a defined set of partners across a given region to drive continual enablement, new pipeline via deal registration and net-new logo acquisition. We are looking for an energetic and creative sales leader with a history of exceeding quotas and driving impactful business for their company. The role requires close collaboration with sales RVPs and Account Executives across the DACH/French territory to deliver partner coverage, expertise and differentiated value propositions to drive new ACV and net-new logo acquisition.
To be successful in this role, you need:
- To enjoy building vs. maintaining and thrive on achieving superior results
- You have a confident, competitive, thorough, and tenacious attitude
- Have worked as a Partner Manager and have experience in the DACH/French markets
- Build trusted advisor relationships with partners through a deep understanding of the partner's local strategy and business imperatives.
- To be accountable for the territory business, including quota attainment, pipeline coverage, pipeline linearity and resource planning.
- Adaptable to grow the business sustainably, rather than growth at any cost
- To be skilled in partnering with service providers to construct compelling "practices" around specific software products
- Have a working knowledge of business process automation with a history of qualifying client solution areas and orchestrating multi-departmental solution sales
- You are experienced as a successful Partner Manager, selling to CxO and decision-maker levels
- Define the DACH/French partner GTM strategy executing and joint business plans per partner which include marketing, pipeline development, educations and certification programs
- Work and collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Solution Consultants teams to generate incremental revenue to achieve your teams’ ACV quota
- Experienced leading a team of channel partner and alliances sales professionals
- Share expert knowledge of Appian’s strategy, partner model, partner programs, value proposition, sales goals, solutions, driving alignment between partner and Appian .
- Manage and review Appian partner program adherence and certifications requirements
- Building practice capacity to provide the foundation for on-going scalable, sustained channels / partner growth year on-year.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or Business
- Significant enterprise software sales experience,
- Significant Partner/Alliances Management experience in the technology industry.
- Experience managing either within a software, distributor or system integrator company
- Fluent in both English & German. French would be an advantage
Key Performance Indicators: Partner sourced ACV & new logos
Tools and Resource
- Training and Development: During onboarding, we focus on equipping new hires with the skills and knowledge for success through department-specific training. Continuous learning is a central focus at Appian, with dedicated mentorship and the First-Friend program being widely utilized resources for new hires.
- Growth Opportunities: Appian provides a diverse array of growth and development opportunities, including our leadership program tailored for new and aspiring managers, a comprehensive library of specialized department training through Appian University, skills based training, and tuition reimbursement for those aiming to advance their education. This commitment ensures that employees have access to a holistic range of development opportunities.
- Community: We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Appian fosters inclusivity through our 8 employee-led affinity groups . These groups help employees build stronger internal and external networks by planning social, educational, and outreach activities to connect with Appianites and larger initiatives throughout the company.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination . Appian provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with all applicable laws .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.