At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation. Empowered by “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and a culture of dissent- encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
Are you passionate about software quality, testing emerging technologies and fostering vibrant developer communities? Appian is actively seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist to help support our Community experience, Appian Community Edition (our free tier version of the Appian platform), and our analyst-recognized and growing AppMarket. You can check out community.appian.com to see this space.
Appian Community is the place for Appian developers and stakeholders to discuss, collaborate and support one another as they build enterprise grade applications on Appian’s low-code platform. Appian Community hosts the Appian AppMarket, which has custom extensions, tools, and pre-built business solutions for use on the Appian platform. As a quality assurance specialist, you will code review, test and ensure quality for new submissions to the Appian AppMarket. Additionally, you will help with quality assurance and testing of the software that supports the Community and Appian Community Edition experiences.
- Review, test and ensure quality of plug-ins and utilities submitted to the Appian AppMarket.
- Work day-to-day with Software Developers and Application Developers to ensure they are building bug-free code.
- Test and troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: functional, systems integration, GUI, database, and regression.
- Build, maintain and improve manual and automated test artifacts for rapid and efficient reuse.
- Participate in critical release activities for all platforms.
- B.S. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math, or otherwise demonstrated aptitude for technology.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical issues, resolve problems, and meet deadlines.
- Experience developing plug-ins strongly preferred.
- Experience with agile development, preferably using Jira.
- 1-3 years of hands-on Appian development experience preferred.
- Someone who thrives on dynamic and cross-functional teams.
- Interest and aptitude in writing and reviewing code.
- Confident and independent thinker; comfortable with pushing back on various stakeholders when experience quality is at stake
- Ability to balance multiple simultaneous efforts and deliver results.
- Not complacent. Always looking to improve the quality of our offerings.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.