At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation. Empowered by “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and a culture of dissent- encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
Product Marketing is the strategic core of Marketing, working like mini-CMOs to drive the broader marketing organization to achieve their business objectives.
We’re looking for a talented Sr. Manager, Product Marketing to drive the GTM for Appian low-code development, the core of the Appian platform. The ideal candidate will have a great understanding and experience with low-code solutions and be able to translate that experience into value-based messaging and content. You’ll also be responsible for leading a team of other Product Marketing Managers and guiding them to success.
- Manage and mentor a team of Product Marketing Managers
- Foster a collaborative team environment focused on positive outcomes
- Provide clear and constructive feedback and action plans to drive career growth
- Develop an innovative GTM strategy centered on Appian low-code development including positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation
- Develop internal and external content and collateral mapped to the full buyers' journey that promotes Appian low-code development
- Strategize, plan, and execute product launches
- Work closely with other Product Marketing Managers to align and collaborate on cross-platform messaging and content
- Work collaboratively with Digital Marketing to drive campaigns, social, and SEO initiatives to achieve product’s business objectives
- Align closely with Engineering and Product Management to become an expert in the Appian product and platform
- Collaborate with Product Managers & Sales Enablement to develop collateral and train Sales on messaging, positioning, and product capabilities
- Engage closely with Sales to more deeply understand their needs and challenges
- Represent Appian at industry and online events
- Engage frequently with customers and prospects to maintain a deep understanding of their needs and challenges
- Stay current on the competitive landscape
- 5 - 7 years in Product Marketing (experience with Appian a plus)
- Successful experience managing/leading a team
- Strong understanding and experience with low-code development including the difference between low-code and high-code solutions.
- Successful experience collaborating with Product Management and Sales
- Ability to create content aligned to the needs of buyers with a focus on target personas
- Be an initiative driver, operating with professional maturity, accountability and minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.