At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation. Empowered by “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and a culture of dissent- encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
Appian, a recognized leader in low-code automation, provides a new way to make applications by enabling companies to quickly adapt to change. We help organizations automate and transform their businesses by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting and enhancing existing systems – all up to 10X faster than traditional development. We combine people, technologies, and data in a single workflow to maximize companies’ resources and improve business results.
The web team is a busy, fast-paced operational team. We are responsible for updating Appian’s external website ( www.appian.com ) proactively and in response to requests from other areas of the organization. We are seeking an innovative web content publisher to help drive leads and pipeline through maintaining the Appian Corporate and EMEA web properties. Reporting to the Web Content Manager, this is an exciting and varied role with responsibility for managing and publishing assets and news to the websites, along with the opportunity to collaborate with a number of teams. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated history of juggling multiple priorities, quickly learning new technologies, and adapting content for the web in high-growth, fast-moving environments.
This role can be East Coast Remote or based at HQ in McLean, VA.
- Experience in a web content/management capacity with wider digital marketing awareness
- A great teammate who displays strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Experience using a website content management system (CMS), preferably Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Ensure that quality and brand standards are met and that content is current, written in a consistent style, and provides value to visitors
- Experience using analytic tools to review and analyze website statistics
- Understanding of best practices across SEO, CRO, email campaigns, blogs and customer experience to drive brand awareness would be highly beneficial.
- Partner with internal content teams to deliver effective content for the website, supporting each stage of the buyer journey for targeted personas
- Manage the content updates and templates on the Appian Corporate and European web properties
- Collaborate with Creative & SEO teams to develop and optimize landing pages
- A willingness to learn new technologies, with a can-do attitude
- A high level of attention to detail when completing work independently
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders across Corporate and EMEA teams
- Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize effectively and multi-task in order to meet tight deadlines
- 1-2+ years experience in website content management
- Familiar with Adobe Experience Manager, or similar content management system
- Excellent editorial, written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience with translation platforms
- Familiarity with marketing automation systems such as Pardot and SEO
- BS/MS degree in Marketing or a related field
- Multilingual candidates preferred
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.