Manager, Quality Engineering
Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionise the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
Master of quality techniques and tools. Ensures high quality and timely delivery of Appian software to customers. Champions understanding changes from the customer perspective and ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process. Strives to understand complex system interactions and dependencies that can cause quality issues and ensures engineers account for them in their design and testing. Analyses gaps and helps ensure they do not recur. Responsible for HR management of a small number of Quality Engineers. Aids in attracting, retaining and growing Quality Engineering staff.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Manage up to 8 Quality Engineering personnel
- Train, coach, and provide continuous performance feedback and career guidance
- Continually test knowledge of area of responsibility and escalate needs, challenges, status, successes, etc. of reporting employees
- Continually assess and improve quality processes across multiple teams
- Provide valuable requirements analysis feedback, ensuring they provide effective input into Engineering activities
- Work with other scrum team members to define and review Acceptance Criteria
- Write automated test code using tools like Java, Python and Selenium. Ability to apply test automation design and techniques. Ability to develop a robust test automation strategy and establish metrics
- Support manual testing and troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, Accessibility, Functionality, Database, and Regression Test Features across web, Android and iOS platforms
- Support existing features by performing regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Perform analysis, research, and troubleshooting of software defects and aid in the documentation of defects and anomalies
- Have strong skills in leading Incident postmortems and determining leaked defect root causes
- Build, maintain and improve test artifacts for rapid and efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team
- Participate in critical release activities for all platforms
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of all work products
- BE/B.Tech/B.S. in Computer Science or related field; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant management/technical experience (e.g., Quality, Test, Performance, or Software Engineer); experience as a mentor or manager strongly desired
About Appian :
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.