Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
- Leverage knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns to write applications and solutions in existing Appian frameworks (SAIL, Process Models, Rules, Expressions, and all Appian Objects) and light full-stack and mobile development.
- Leverage relevant application development experience to radiate best practices and faster development.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of the product by engineering reliability into software and systems.
- Contribute to software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Key contributor to team feature breakdowns/sizing and design of new feature implementations.
- Moderate degree of personal responsibility for the overall performance of the team, including capabilities, quality, stability and velocity.
- Perform application and code reviews which provide feedback not only on code quality, but on design and implementation.
- Build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Seek to identify opportunities for application and code refactoring and performance optimizations on a regular basis and champion these efforts within the team.
- Mentor Product Engineers by sharing best-practices and providing guidance on how to become more proficient.
- Share advanced/expert knowledge with others in the department, both on and off team; maintain a reputation as a key resource in those areas.
- Contribute towards technological changes to keep the platform modern.
- Contribute towards Application DevOps and Plugin platform.
Tools and Resource
- Training and Development: During onboarding, we focus on equipping new hires with the skills and knowledge for success through department-specific training. Continuous learning is a central focus at Appian, with dedicated mentorship and the First-Friend program being widely utilized resources for new hires.
- Growth Opportunities: Appian provides a diverse array of growth and development opportunities, including our leadership program tailored for new and aspiring managers, a comprehensive library of specialized department training through Appian University, skills based training, and tuition reimbursement for those aiming to advance their education. This commitment ensures that employees have access to a holistic range of development opportunities.
- Community: We’ll immerse you into our community rooted in respect starting on day one. Appian fosters inclusivity through our 8 employee-led affinity groups . These groups help employees build stronger internal and external networks by planning social, educational, and outreach activities to connect with Appianites and larger initiatives throughout the company.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination . Appian provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees in accordance with all applicable laws .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.