The best sales organizations achieve the most when they are selling outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. That’s what you get when you’re part of selling for Appian. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions that provide speed, agility, and efficiency needed to compete and grow. Are you inspired by the chance to solve your customers’ biggest challenges? You can make that kind of difference here. Join our team, where you can not only grow your career, but share the success of an industry pioneer.
This role will be based out of our McLean, VA headquarters.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Make initial contact with potential clients and educate them on the impact Appian can have on their organization
- Proactively schedule sales meetings through cold calling and marketing initiatives
- Qualify inbound interest from marketing initiatives
- Drive sales pipelines, new logos, and growth through high outbound activity
- Partner with Account Executives and/or Partner Managers to create customized account plans and strategies to support sales cycles
- Update and manage activity in SalesForce
Some of the tools and resources we will equip you with include:
- Training: Sales Fast Start, which is our 5-day training program focused on equipping our sales new hires with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful out in the field, like ValueSelling Framework training
- Growth: Growth opportunities available through promotion and participation in different programs like Appian MBA, a development program devoted to shaping managers in the areas of leadership and communication. Hear more about growth from one of our Partner Sales Managers who started out as a SDR here
- Product: Our Appian product is driving digital transformation and with our Appian Guarantee, our customers can even have their first project completed in just 8 weeks. With the market research firm Forrester estimating the low-code platform market will be around $14 billion by 2024, it is no wonder why more and more customers are turning to low-code with Appian. Hear more about what it’s like to work in Sales at an organization with a world-changing product here
- Culture: You will directly contribute to our double-digit year over year growth backed by a world-class collaborative Sales organization. In addition, Appian offers a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a flexible time off allowance and great perks. Read more about how our sales culture values openness, curiosity, and collaboration here
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or related field
- Relevant work or internship experience in Sales or Account Management (6+ Months)
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.