At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation. Empowered by “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and a culture of dissent- encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
Deal Manager - EMEA
In this cross-functional role, you will report directly to the Deal Desk Leader of Appian. An effective Deal Desk Manager uses a mix of critical thinking, creativity, and excellent communication and relationship building skills. Success in this position requires you to be a self-starter with proven problem-solving skills.
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on deal constructs, special pricing, operations, approval policies, and troubleshooting of deal issues and sales escalations.
- Support Sales team in negotiation of contract structure and pricing in compliance with Appian's internal policies while maximizing value to the customer and Appian.
- Guide optimal use of quote and opportunity management tools to accelerate sales cycles and drive collection of actionable business data.
- Facilitate alignment and communication between Appian’s Sales Teams, and internal stakeholders, including Finance, Legal, Engineering, and Product teams, and external customers/partners to promptly resolve business/issues and foster productive interactions.
- Validate all aspects of agreement packages for accuracy and compliance with Appian’s business practices and approvals process, and maintain responsiveness.
- Cultivate best practices through analyses, projects and reporting contributing to the continued growth of Appian’s Sales team and Deal Desk.
- Support in developing training materials, sales examples and engage in regular training sessions with Sales teams.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in related role (Deal Desk, Sales Operations, and/or Finance/Pricing experience preferred).
- Negotiation experience and competence. Ability to work to understand the interests behind positions and get past objections to workable solutions.
- Experience using CRM and CPQ systems. Working knowledge of contracts and accounting. Experience with software contracts and revenue recognition policies.
- Inclined to take action and work independently, although support is there when you need it. Driven to complete tasks through to impact.
- Ownership mentality. Possess the character to act with integrity for the best interests of the entire organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Detail oriented. Must be organized and able to stay on top of fast-moving information and tasks.
- Process focused by nature. You like order and having things documented for easy reference.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, sales, or a business-related field.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.