At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation. Empowered by “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and a culture of dissent- encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
Director, EMEA Strategic Partner Sales (location flexible)
The Partner team at Appian is a fast-paced, dynamic organization that plays an integral role in driving Appian's growth globally. We are looking for an experienced Director of Strategic Partner Sales for EMEA to promote work within Appian's internal sales team and defined integrator partners to achieve aggressive growth and revenue goals. This role reports to the VP Global Strategic Partner Sales with dotted line to VP EMEA/APAC Partner Sales. This individual contributor will make a noticeable impact on Appian by managing specific relationships with assigned global system integrator (GSI) partnerships for the EMEA market.
- Own responsibility for generating partner sourced opportunities in your defined region
- Align closely with the VP EMEA/APAC Partner Sales and regional partner directors to establish regional relationships and drive EMEA specific pipeline growth
- Work with regional Account Executives and sales leadership to leverage our partner relationships to gain entry to new accounts and grow our established accounts
- Collaborate with Appian Regional Partner Executives to ensure that joint messaging, solutions, and go-to-market activity is executed successfully at the Regional level
- Develop and maintain key relationships with Client Partners and other Partner executives in your region
- Drive sales & pipeline generation for direct sales through Partner relationships
- Exceed monthly new logo sales targets
- Exceed targets for specific solutions
- Accurately forecast Sales lifecycle and stages in Salesforce, Maintain accurate dashboards.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of Appian delivery practices within Strategic partners
- Educate the Partner organizations on the benefit of Appian's software
- Foster & nurture relationships with executive alliances and practice leaders at the GSI’s
- Oversee and Manage go-to-market programs with the GSI’s to drive Appian’s sales pipeline
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Technology, Business Management/Entrepreneurship or Computer Science
- A minimum of 10 years previous partner/channel enterprise software sales experience relevant experience in a software/services firm
- Strong track record of exceeding sales quota
- Experience managing a revenue portfolio over $25 million
- Experience managing large international partners such as Accenture, EY, Deloitte, KPMG
- Demonstrated success in working with service providers in business development and the construction of services "practices" around specific software products
- Working knowledge of business process automation with a history of qualifying client solution areas and orchestrating multi departmental solution sales
- Working knowledge of solution selling methodology and practice
- Excellent written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Confident, competitive, thorough, and tenacious attitude
- Able to work independently, but within a cross functional team environment
- Ability to travel within the EMEA region
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.