Emerging Industries Leader -- Remote
Want to lead Appian's efforts and business growth in emerging industries?
The global industry team at Appian seeks a talented Emerging Industries leader to support our diverse Broad Markets business. As a member of the Global Industry team, and reporting to the Manager, Emerging Industries you will successfully collaborate across Appian to drive continued growth in license revenue across both new and existing clients across all of our business in broad markets and build compelling emerging industry go to market plays
Your focus will include aligning and building new industry initiatives drawing on sales success and market growth opportunities for industries that are not currently covered via industry verticalization. Scope of responsibilities include identifying high-impact industries (e.g., Retail & Consumer, Business Services), leading the creation of Go-To-Markets (e.g., Pillars & Business Apps, Content & Resources, Event Strategies, Industry Demos, etc.) and management of aligned industries (e.g., knowledge sharing sessions, thought leadership, etc.) in support of our direct sales force and partner ecosystem.
Work scope includes advocating with management on what industries and areas to cover, including creation of differentiating values to align best opportunities for Appian in each segment we target. Being able to uniquely connect with the change agenda, opportunities, language, and structure of emerging industries.
- Manage standing team meetings and domain engagement for emerging industries working with volunteer industry domain sales leads
- Curate Pillars and Business Applications (P&BA) for Go-to-Market insights
- Work with management to define priority targets, coverage, and triage of focus (qualify / disqualify)
- Advocate for and partner on creation of Industry Demos and Marketing Content
- Develop annual strategic industry plans to inform targeting, tactics, and campaigns
- Focal point for all things industry across verticals and broad markets
- Support new account targeting, expansion strategy, and partner enablement
- Partner with marketing and sales to drive focused top-of-funnel efforts
- Entrepreneurial drive to grow and align with company objectives
- Strategically align with the market, buyers, Appian sales, fellow industry leaders, and the partner team
- Lead market research, strategic go-to-market efforts and targeted sales and marketing programs to increase sales success
- Partner with marketing to create focused resources and content across the buyer journey and execute through integrated vertical campaigns
- Keep current on market buyers, influencers, trends, and challenges, to identify target areas of opportunity across emerging industries and broad markets (including horizontal focus areas such as supply chain, ESG, etc)
Required Skills and Desired Background:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in sales, product, marketing and/or market strategy in B2B enterprise software industry with recognition of success-in-role
- Ideal candidate has an understanding of how Appian goes to market, our key value proposition, and how Appian has organized sales tactics
- Experience driving business growth is preferred
- Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders and Appian team members
- Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of recent trends around digital transformation and the important role of technology trends and innovation
Location and Travel
- 20% travel is expected to engage with sales teams, partners, accounts, and industry events
- The successful candidate can be located remotely with opportunity to visit Appian headquarters in Mclean, VA on an interim basis
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.