Appian is seeking a strategic industry expert and leader in Life Sciences, including Manufacturing/Supply Chain domain, for our rapidly growing business. As a member of Industry Team management, you will successfully lead a team while also bringing your Life Sciences expertise and entrepreneurial focus to collaborate across Appian to enable client success with their digital transformation efforts, while contributing to continuous growth in license revenue across both new and existing clients in the area of Life Sciences.
You will spend approximately 50% of your time with clients, partners and analysts, helping to evangelize new applications for our work automation software, providing strategy, and coaching in support of all our Go To Market channels (Direct team: Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, and Customer Success) and Partner team while also engaging with Industry analysts. The rest of your time will be split among the following activities:
- Managing two industry focus domains: Life Sciences and Manufacturing/Automotive including managing small team of Industry domain expert(s)
- As part of the Industry Management team leading to drive best practices, effective collaboration (globally & across industry domains), and identification of growth strategies
- Leading as the go-to domain expert for Life Sciences that industry domain as the mission-critical go to resource for the company
- Collaborating across company functions to drive to best outcomes for our customers driving deeper understanding of Industry / Customer challenges and Appian responses
- Supporting customer audit requirements as stakeholder / participant in customer audit reviews
- Supporting and helping Account Executives design programs and build their strategic account plans for penetrating new target accounts plus expanding Appian’s footprint at existing accounts
- Delivering thought leadership across a variety of formats to generate prospect interest, and secure market awareness
- Building and curating Appian’s internal knowledge base in the Manufacturing and Supply Chain space
Additional Activities Include:
- Providing market knowledge and guidance to Appian Sales & Partner organizations on the target account strategy within Life Sciences and Manufacturing verticals
- Leading and participating in sales presentations and follow-on education activities at prospects and customers
- Support our marketing strategy by participating in appropriate trade shows, providing insights for industry events, webinars, etc.
Required Skills & Desired Background:
- 12+ years of direct experience in a leadership role at a Life Sciences firm with a complete understanding of the major business drivers including the manufacturing and supply chain space
- Hands-on experience driving change and new solutions, with an emphasis on improved customer experience, regulatory effectiveness, and operational efficiency
- Understanding recent trends around digital transformation and the role of technology and innovation
- Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders and Appian team members
- Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials in Life Sciences and speaking at industry events
- Experience in software is helpful, but not required
- Understanding and knowledge of US GxP (Good X Practices) and 21 CFR Part 11 regulation, plus equivalents in other jurisdictions, in the context of computer systems validation preferred
- MBA preferred. Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Manufacturing and Supply Chain disciplines
- Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement knowhow and training preferred
Location & Travel:
- 20% travel is expected to clients across the country and at times internationally
- Fully remote in the US or EMEA
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.