Solution Owner – Insurance Solutions (Appian Connected Claims)
Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. We help you automate and transform your business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting and enhancing legacy applications – all up to 20X faster than traditional development. With Appian, you get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted and unified cloud platform.
The Solutions Manager - Insurance Solutions is responsible for leading and managing a variety of large, complex projects spanning multiple work streams within the Appian Solutions organization.
The successful candidate will work in partnership with the VP, Solutions and Industry GTM, VP of Product and Solution Marketing, the VP Product Engineering as well as a broad set of other leaders across Appian to develop and deliver differentiated insurance solutions that leverage Appian’s Low Code Platform and Industry Insights to accelerate customers time-to-value.
This is a highly strategic role within Appian; one which will develop over time based on the current/future needs of the business. The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of product strategy, business and technology acumen, operations and leadership experience, big-picture strategic thinking, influencing skills and ability to collaborate effectively with many constituents across the company. You will guide the collective team to creating industry leading differentiating feature sets across Appian insurance solutions.
- Develop and update business cases for solutions including market context, differentiated value, feature /function, addressable market, competition, buyer persona’s, pricing advocacy and packaging, GTM requirements and plans as well as financial projections.
- Create and Execute GTM plans aligned to long-range and annual goals within the insurance solution portfolio.
- Serve as the intake and arbiter of new solutions offerings as well as features, functions, and capabilities for existing solutions.
- Play a key role in executing field/engineering/GTM Interlocks
- Maintain an effective communications cadence with cross-company stakeholders
- Work in close collaboration and handoff from Product Group/Engineering Solution Teams to the GTM Teams
- Highly matrixed role with dual-reporting function to Solutions and Industry GTM and Sales Strategy, Planning, Operations, Enablement and Activation
- Participate in multi-faceted Run-the-Business cadence with broad set of Appian stakeholders
- Ensure that the key GTM Workstreams required to support the expected business results are effectively vetted, resourced, program-managed and deployed with success. This requires a highly collaborative, cross-functional leadership approach within stakeholder groups including, but not limited to, Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Sales Enablement and Business Operations
- Be a key advisor /SME to the company on matters relating to the insurance solution portfolio strategy and other strategic projects of high importance
- Assist in the process for development of long-term strategy as well as fiscal year goals, set direction and drive resource alignment
- Maintain a keen understanding of marketplace intelligence trends, competition etc. to provide market leading perspectives, emerging trends, tools and techniques that can be effectively utilized to develop and promote Appian insurance solutions.
- 7+ years working in commercial or personal lines insurance with experience in a core product or customer focused role (e.g broker, underwriter, business development, consulting, client manager)
- Strong technical insurance knowledge -- pricing, coverages, structure, risk profile. Industry designations (e.g. CPCU) a plus.
- Background launching digital insurance solutions for the modern insurer with a focus on creating new features and solutions driving digital transformation
- Strong background and understanding of business planning, go-to-market operations and organizational awareness
- Exceptional listening, oral and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- Track record of consistently delivering excellent results, even in the face of a changing environment. Regarded as a strong performer, manager, strong attention to detail and solid leadership skills.
- Possesses deep analytical skills. S(he) can identify patterns, process information quickly and make decisions in a timely manner
- Strong EQ; learns quickly and can adapt to changes in timeframes, people, situations with ease. The ability to remain calm under pressure.
Preferred Skills: Our team looks for individuals who embody our values of humility, compassion, collaboration, respectfulness, integrity, and good-natured fun.
Additionally, we would like:
- Enthusiasm for innovation, technology, and change within the insurance industry
- Working knowledge of the combined Appian & Partner solutions portfolio and competitive landscape
- Operations leadership experience
- Management consulting experience
- Self-starter who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- Highly trusted individual who maintains and expects high standards for self and team - Analyzes available data and makes decisions which are best for Appian in insurance
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.