The best partner ecosystems achieve the most when they are co-selling outstanding products, solutions, and services backed by an extraordinary company. We are passionate about driving digital transformation by bringing Appian solutions to a select set of capable partners that provide technology to drive speed, agility, and efficiency to their customers.
As a Partner Development Manager, you will be the primary contact and face of Appian to a portfolio of potential and developing partners.
This role will engage with all roles at partners including, c-suite, sales, marketing, and technical teams. You will establish the strategy and direction of tailored partner development plans to guide partners on monetization and profitability opportunities with Appian. Evidence of success is a recruited and activated ecosystem of partners with or on-track to building a true Appian Total Automation practice via a plan of technical and GTM enablement.
This position reports to the Sr Dir. Partner Development and is a highly cross-functional role working closely with our channel, sales, enablement, marketing, solutions consulting, services, and sales operations organizations. The target partner type extends across (Solution Partners, Integrators, Aggregators, Services Partners, MSPs, and Resellers) business models.
What you will be doing:
- Leading the efforts of the full partner development lifecycle from recruit to activated for a portfolio of regional partners
- Positioning products and services monetization methods to partners with complex and multiple active business models
- Driving joint partner business plans that include enablement, capacity, and impactful GTM strategy
- Building partners to high level of technical capability to ensure customer success
- Initiating and cultivating co-selling relationships and rules of engagement between the partner and Appian core sales organizations
- Drive partner pipeline through the sales process via regular pipeline review and coaching sessions with partner sales representatives and leadership teams.
- Driving partner usage and efficacy of channel infrastructure tools, and content resources i.e.: Partner Portals, Online Training/Learning, Deal Registration, Campaign Management and other systems integral to partner success.
- Growing channel businesses, via strong alignment to the core values and priorities of the partner’s business and Appian’s priorities and core values.
- Deliver compelling partner quarterly business reviews that contain actionable insights and built on a combination of strategic business KPI’s and qualitative feedback.
Who you are:
- Self-starter who takes initiative and has a sense of urgency in everything they do
- Experience initiating and building joint GTM with partners
- Focused on delivering value throughout the life cycle of the partner relationship
- Ability to think strategically about your partner’s business and Appian ‘Fit’
- Ability to drive business planning and review cadence with partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Exude confidence, engendering prospects to share their challenges openly
- Understand how to position against competitors to become the best viable option
- Ability to execute complex deals with customers and/or partners
- Possess domain knowledge and a portable relationship portfolio
- 5-7+ years building solutions and/or services practices with partners
- Past success selling enterprise software to large, complex organizations
- Proven ability to build deep, trust-based relationships with executives and other decision makers
- Knowledge of as-a-service software concepts and market drivers
- Track record of overachieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions
- BA/BS Degree; MBA preferred
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.