Software Engineer - Full Stack
Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionise the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
As a mid-level Software Engineer at Appian you will help build automation (RPA, AI, ML) into the next generation of our core low-code application development platform and help tackle our most challenging technical problems alongside other brilliant engineers.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Leverage knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns to write software in a full-stack Java & web technology environment, including but not limited to Gradle, JDBC, Hibernate, Spring, Kafka, Quartz, Typescript, Redux and React
- Utilize both object-oriented as well as functional programming approaches in different technologies to implement features effectively.
- Leverage relevant software development experience to radiate best practices and faster development
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of the product by designing reliability into software and systems
- Be a strong contributor to team feature breakdowns/sizing and design of new feature implementations
- Have a high degree of personal responsibility for the overall performance of the team, including capabilities, quality, stability and velocity
- Seek to identify opportunities for code refactoring and performance optimisations on a regular basis and champion these efforts within the team
- Effectively communicate technical designs verbally and/or in writing for small to medium sized technical audiences.
- 2 - 10+ years experience building and delivering enterprise grade software applications
- You’re a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough system problems
- Experience in CI/CD in Cloud environments, like AWS and continuous integration systems, like Jenkins
- You thrive on solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
- BE/B.Tech/BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- MS in Computer Science preferred
- Demonstrable understanding of systems, algorithms, and OO design or webapi design.
- You have been a strong contributor to breakdowns/sizing and design of new feature implementations.
- Agile is your mantra and quality is your goal.
About Appian :
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.