Senior Product Manager - Observability and SRE
Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionise the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll be embedded on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, and own the prioritised product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each and every iteration.
What is Appian? It’s an application platform that lets business people build powerful cloud and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
This position is for you: If you have experience with and a passion for DevOps and SRE Practices, Observability, Incident Management and Distributed Systems.
What you’ll do: Prioritize, define, and ensure success of product features for various users at the roadmap/release level as well as functionalities within each feature at the sprint level .
- Support the adoption of processes, tools and reporting that enable DevOps, SRE, Observability practices for the business.
- Prioritize what we should build and when by collaborating with stakeholders on product vision and strategy.
- Participate in quarterly release presentations to share new ideas and to receive feedback on new features.
- Construct detailed feature specifications outlining feature purpose, desired outcomes, and business impact.
- Define key milestones and drive incremental delivery using Agile principles and techniques. (Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Daily Standup, Sprint Review).
- Align with Strategic, Technical, and Development leads to define feature functionality and performance expectations.
- Promote features and practices that strengthen and enable a culture of continuous improvement.
- You understand the value of open-source observability technologies like Grafana, Prometheus, Cortex, Loki, and Jaeger.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, and execute in order to accomplish amazing things.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills; ability to draw clarity out of complex and ever-changing environments.
- Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact.
- You understand the benefits of Cloud Native solutions leveraging Kubernetes orchestration.
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great product features and experiences.
- Most importantly, passionate about software!
Preferred Experience Level:
5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a Product Owner role.
BE/B.Tech/ B.S. in Computer Science or related field; advanced degree preferred
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation and value. Today, we help businesses build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented and passionate people, given the power and autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile and collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, and all voices are heard. We value and encourage cross-departmental collaboration, and actively seek opportunities to better ourselves and others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, we’re focused on lasting positive change.