Here at Appian, our core values of Respect, Work to Impact, Ambition, and Constructive Dissent & Resolution define who we are. In short, this means we constantly seek to understand the best for our customers, we go beyond completion in our work, we strive for excellence with intensity, and we embrace candid communication. These values guide our actions and shape our culture every day. When you join Appian, you'll be part of a passionate team that's dedicated to accomplishing hard things.
Software Engineer - Automation Frameworks
Here at Appian, we’re passionate about technology. We love making it, and we love using it. Joining Appian Engineering will provide you with the opportunity to learn in an environment that values cross-functional collaboration and is committed to personal and professional growth. We want to revolutionise the way people work, and in doing so, we develop the Appian platform to be simple so our customers can thrive.
We're looking to build and grow a Test Automation Development function in Chennai with the ongoing mission of reducing manual testing across the entire Appian Platform from Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing and more to achieve greater degrees of Automation. To this end, Appian is looking to hire Mid-Level Software Engineers for Automation Frameworks.
- You're passionate about software engineering and software quality and leveraging new technology and frameworks to achieve high quality goals through test automation.
- You constantly seek opportunities around automation and you're inherently proactive about staying abreast on emerging test tooling and technologies.
- You are a software engineer skilled in software design and writing maintainable code
To be successful in this role, you will:
- You’re a tinkerer at heart with an innate ability to solve tough system problems.
- Design and Develop automated tests from scratch or on top of existing manual testing plans.
- Develop system level regression and smoke tests that focus on the system as a whole.
- Train teams on the use and extension of the test frameworks and related tools to scale the use of the test infrastructure across Engineering.
- Provide assistance/guidance to the quality engineering team on use of technologies to solve testing problems.
- There are 4 primary roles you'll move between:
- Defining, designing, developing, maintaining, extending test automation infrastructure, frameworks, and processes.
- Working with teams to build automated test frameworks, infrastructure and test cases in support of their missions.
- Automation of tests focused on the entire breadth of the product for release quality validation.
- Working together with other stakeholders to design the strategies in quality verification and test management.
- You can utilize both object-oriented as well as functional programming approaches in different technologies to implement features effectively.
- Leverage relevant software development experience to radiate best practices and faster development.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of the product by designing reliability into software and systems.
- Have a high degree of personal responsibility for the overall performance of the team, including capabilities, quality, stability and velocity.
- Seek to identify opportunities for code refactoring and performance optimizations on a regular basis and champion these efforts within the team.
- Effectively communicate technical designs verbally and/or in writing for small to medium sized technical audiences.
- 5 - 10+ years experience building and delivering enterprise grade software applications.
- Develop maintainable automated tests using frameworks like WebDriver, FitNesse, Locust, Jmeter, BrowserStack, Appium, Selenium.
- Builds custom applications for testing as necessary in languages like Java or Python.
- Experience with Linux, bash, and general automation infrastructure is a plus.
- BE/B.Tech/BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- You have been a strong contributor to breakdowns/sizing and design of new feature implementations.
- Agile is your mantra and quality is your goal.
Appian is a software company that automates business processes. The Appian AI-Powered Process Platform includes everything you need to design, automate, and optimize even the most complex processes, from start to finish. The world's most innovative organizations trust Appian to improve their workflows, unify data, and optimize operations—resulting in better growth and superior customer experiences. For more information, visit appian.com . [Nasdaq: APPN]
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.