Senior HR Business Partner, EMEA (12 month maternity cover)
Appian is seeking a Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) who will deliver people and organisational solutions for the EMEA region. This role offers the unique opportunity to help drive the impact of the HRBP function in a growing organisation on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave
The Senior HRBP will serve as a proactive consultant and adviser to business unit leaders in the effective management of their workforce through performance management, employee engagement, talent assessments, leadership development, succession planning and more. They will implement people and organisational solutions across the client group they support. They will measure/monitor the needs of employees and the leaders they support through effectively building and developing relationships across all levels of the organisation. The Senior HRBP will utilise diagnostics to address and understand organisational dynamics to align with the business environment, implement and refine long and short term continuous improvement initiatives while managing the day-to-day tactical issues and requirements. The successful Senior HRBP will effectively interact with business leaders at all levels, possess excellent communication skills, strong business acumen and work effectively across multiple geographies.
Appian provides a software development platform that combines intelligent automation and enterprise low-code development to rapidly deliver powerful business applications. Many of the world's largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk and compliance.
The role will be based in London but have responsibility for employees across the UK, Germany, Switzerland, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands and Sweden, with direct support of the UK, Netherlands and Sweden given that other team members support the other countries.
The role also has direct management responsibility for 2 HRBPs (based in London and Berlin) and dotted line management responsibility for the HR Coordinator (based in London).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships with senior business leaders to offer thought leadership on organisational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Provide expertise and coaching in areas such as career planning, performance management, coaching, employee relations, learning and development, people integration strategies, recognition, and strategic development.
- Function as a consultant and counselor to key leaders and their respective organisations; engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into People plans.
- Support and coach EMEA Business Partners in their development with stretch opportunities and regular feedback.
- Develop and drive strategies to develop, engage and retain strong and diverse talent.
- Use and request data strategically. Identify and surface trends in both qualitative and quantitative data to help improve organisational health, understand when data will assist in making smart, informed decisions and to monitor the "pulse" of employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement.
- Identify and deploy impactful people strategies and policies that enable the organisation to perform effectively and scale efficiently as it grows.
- Lead the facilitation and management of all People programs within the department (performance reviews, employee surveys, development programs, etc.)
- Partner with global HRBP organisation to ensure effective communications and delivery of HR programs globally.
- Partner with and support the US and EMEA HR Operations team to ensure that HR operations are adapted where needed to ensure consistency with local practices across the region.
- Partner with other People Team groups as a cross-functional team across Talent Acquisition, L&D, Compensation, Legal,, Benefits on communications, projects and best practices. Collaborate with these teams to ensure high-quality implementation of critical operating rhythms such as performance management and compensation planning, leveraging resources as appropriate.
- Review and analyse data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve the overall health of the organisation and provide compensation support including salary planning, off-cycle salary actions, promotions, and job re-leveling/re-alignment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business or another related field
- 6+ years of experience in Human Resource management and/or business partner functions with particular experience in employee relations and leadership coaching
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organisational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and European employment laws
- Line management experience of teams at different levels
- Excellent business acumen
- An ability to dive deep on client issues, provide thought leadership and drive impact/business outcomes